A bit of muffling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of muffling?

Does anyone have a solution to taking out some of the ring on a drum without totally killing its sound. I've tried to smallest Zer-o-ring and it ripped all fo the original sound character away. Anyone have a simple solution or product to muffle the ring some but not completely?
    I am a good home for free gear!

very little gaffa tape will help. or maybe you don't really need it, like i said in other threads, once you walk a few feet infront of the kit the overtones and ring disappear and sometimes even improve the sound of your snare. it may be annoying to the drummer because he/she is sitting right ontop of the snare but to the audince it may sound just right.

try having a friend play your kit and walk around the room or venue and see what i mean. if its still bothering you, you can purchase many many 'solutions' to the ring. such aas moongel, gaffa tape or ring mufflers.
    Take Care N God Bless.
    elmo:cool:

Tama Drums, Hardware and Pedals
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Remo Drum Heads
    Vic Firth Drumsticks and Mallets
    Vic Firth Education Team

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FAHREN...6424206?ref=ts

www.dalsegnostudios.com.au

Comment

Moon gel. It comes in a flip top container with 5 little squares of tacky (but washable and reusable) gel. You can stick it anywhere on the drum and each provides just a little muffling - best solution I've found if you like only light muffling. I think they run about $5 for a pack of 5 so its definitely worth it.
      I need nothing but myself and the truth
      -- UTE

Comment

orrrrrr use a piece of duc tape and just stack more duc tape for the more muffling u want
        "Silly rabbit Trix are for kids!"
        -The Kids

"They're Greeeeeeeeat!"
        -Tony the Tiger

"They're all after me lucky charms!"
        -The lucky charms lepruchan

Comment

Working...
        X