what snare should i get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what snare should i get?

i have quoted a custom snare from a "custom drum co." i cant spam it here..

7x12 10 ply maple w/ 6 ply reinforcement hoops.. offset lugs, black powdercoated HW, Satin Flame finish.. for only $295

or i could get the Tama Stewart Copeland sig Snare .. 5x14 1.5mm COB(chrome over Brass) .. $324

what would u guys get? im looking for the most POP while can be tuned to get a CRACK!
    the 7x12 Custom one
    0%
    the Tama Stewart Copeland 5x14 COB
    0%
    .:: energy ::.

Providing the custom drum co. is of decent quality the custom one I would say.
    Graeme Read
    - epiGamer

"A lot of kids come up to me and say, 'There's a lot of better drummers then you,' or something. But I enjoy playing to the best of my ability and that's why I'm here doing it. I don't claim to be more exciting then Buddy Rich." -Bonzo

Comment

Why not get a 20 ply snare instead of a 10 ply with reinforcement hoops? I have a 7x12 30 ply and the crack is unreal. Between the 2 you mentioned, i would go with the Tama.
      FDNY Members murdered on 9/11/01
      http://nyfd.com/9_11_wtc.html

Comment

PS : slip.. its not the custom drum co that you think.. its BigBoy.. i quoted it from Dan .. .

i cant afford a 20 ply.. im just 14!

Yes Slouhh, it is good of quality, as some i have read.. and they Guaranteed me no defects or i can send the snare back anytime..
        Last edited by Fredzs; 01-31-2003, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Get the Custom

I've got a Conaway Custom 14x7 and it ROCKS!
          SMOKE
          NW Blues Artist
          www.bluesattitude.com
          www.saludacymbals.com
          www.soundseat.com

Comment

but they dont do reinforcement hoops ... i need all the wood i can get w/o selling my life to the devil..

Comment

Big Boy from what i hear is decent, but untill i hear one myself and look at a few of there kits, i am saying nothing.
              FDNY Members murdered on 9/11/01
              http://nyfd.com/9_11_wtc.html

Comment

i just hope that would pop like i want it to.. any ideas on what finishes i can also get with it?? i MIGHT not get the satin flame lime green wrap.. anyone know what KILLER color would look good with black HW?

Comment

POP & KICK

My 12x7 has plenty of "pop" which really kicks ***!

My band even said it's their snare of choice........I still use my MRX 14x6.5 from time to time.

NOTE: I think a 12" diameter is really whimpy when it come to cross sticking.........I use a Yamaha Russ Miller wedge.
                  SMOKE
                  NW Blues Artist
                  www.bluesattitude.com
                  www.saludacymbals.com
                  www.soundseat.com

Comment

i have no problem with rimclick's cause im gonna get a JamBlock..

can you pls give me the specs of your 12" snare and how you tune it, also what heads? thanks!

Comment

Re: what snare should i get?

Originally posted by Fredzs
                      i have quoted a custom snare from a "custom drum co." i cant spam it here..

7x12 10 ply maple w/ 6 ply reinforcement hoops.. offset lugs, black powdercoated HW, Satin Flame finish.. for only $295

or i could get the Tama Stewart Copeland sig Snare .. 5x14 1.5mm COB(chrome over Brass) .. $324

what would u guys get? im looking for the most POP while can be tuned to get a CRACK!

hmmmm the prices on the site what u pay? if so your snare would be like 370
                      "Silly rabbit Trix are for kids!"
                      -The Kids

"They're Greeeeeeeeat!"
                      -Tony the Tiger

"They're all after me lucky charms!"
                      -The lucky charms lepruchan

Comment

i got a discount from Dan ...

Comment

cool snares

Just for fun ,go to the search engine, google.com and put in SMD, Stanbridge drums, LeSoprano, Merrick Drums, and Mastro. They all have some expensive but cool looking snares.

Comment

Cool finishes with black hardware:

Satin black
                            Dark red gloss
                            Marmalade swirvl(?)
                            Silver glass glitter
                            Dark purple
                            Dark blue satin
                            You can't put a shine on crap!
                            Listen to my band

Comment

Now i really cant decide! 4 voted for the Custom one and 3 Voted for the Tama.. can anyone give me the pro's and cons of each? also, would the 7x12 Crack also? or just pop? remember its 10ply with 6 ply reinforcement rings, so it would sound the brightest that it could, and i CRANK my snares just above chokage.. I wish Dan makes 20Ply snares.. anyways.. Can anyone give me a song where the 7x12 would sound the closest? my teacher has a 12x5 Craviotto snare and the top head is in med-loose tension and it is still bright and cracky, what more if it is CRANKED! Also, can you give me a song where the 7x12 and Stewart Copeland come the closest?? Thanks Guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X