some advice on srx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some advice on srx?

This is my first entry after just browsing this forum for about a year. Im just looking for some info and experiences with the srx series. im looking to get a new set of drums (my exports are getting real old) and i just want a little advice. im 17 and in high school, so i dont really have the cash to pay for a masters or anyhting like that. also suggest stuff from other companies if you wish. thanks guys!

show me pics of the sets you suggest please!! im into asthetics!

also, how to i get an icon thingy? i see that everyone has those little icons on the left of their entries, above their info. this member hting is very new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by As Sam Ojo
      also, how to i get an icon thingy? i see that everyone has those little icons on the left of their entries, above their info. this member hting is very new to me.
      Hi there, welcome to the forum!

Go here: http://66.40.220.17/member.php?s=&action=editoptions then scroll down to "Avatar" and upload an image.

Get Session Series, it's your best bet!

Comment

thanks a bundle! im happy to see another emotional rock fan. there arnt enough of us. thanks for your advice and info. i have my icon thingy up and running. rock on!

Comment

The SRX is a great set. It sounds every bit as good as a Masters. You just get less color options and slightly cheaper hardware. The Pacific CX or CL or something like that is comparable to the SRX but the finishes aren't as nice but hey are cheaper. There is a birch Tama kit that is also comparable but I can't think of the name.

Comment

SRX's are very nice.
            Tama Starclassic Performers are nice.
            I hear that some Yamahas are nice eventhough I dont like them much myself.
            Ludwig's are good...
            I haven't had any experience with pacifics but they're supposed to be decent.
            But I'd go with a session. You get better hardware, and you can always come right here for customer service!
            Ludwig '76 Classic - 24, 14, 16, 18
            Ludwig 14x8 Supralite

My band: Horseburner

Comment

As Sam Ojo, welcome to the almost ready to purchase drum clinic. Just kidding. I found myself in a identical situation awhile ago. I too had a older Export and didn't want to go the Masters route. I've been playing my new Dusk Blue babies for awhile and have been completely overwhelmed by them. I have to be honest, I did NOT try Tama's or Yahamies, as I have been absolutely impressed with my very old and battlescared Exports. I'm not sure that I have any real faults with the Sessions at all. Well except for the bass drum claw thing but I posted a fix for that. Once I got into the groove (no pun intended) as far as tuning a all maple set (much nicer) than my old, non maple (not so nice) set, I have never looked back or regretted anything. No problems, snare is snappy/cracky, and suprisingly deep sounding (if you tune it right) for a 5.5" snare. Got almost NO muffling in the 18X22 bass which is a testiment to the drum. Toms, singing. Yes the Masters have better finishes, ie. more colors, probably a few more clear coats, and of course the cast hoops, but for me it wasn't worth it and the more I play them, the better I get at tunning them, and the more I like them. It's hard to admit after playing for over 25 years that sometimes you have to re evalutate how you tune drums, but different drums tune different ways. If you search for my earlier thread about the "Stop Session Bass Claw damage for under $1.00", and then search "Session" you'll find more info then you'll need. At least from the Pearl point of view.

Dman
              "Ladies and gentlemen the professor on the drum kit................"

Comment

thanks man. good advice. i still need to work up the cash to buy this thang, but its really good to hear peoples positive experiences. i was actually looking at the dusk blue as my color choice. it seems to be the most classy.

Comment

Sam, now you're talking.

Dusk Blue Pics

Dman
                  "Ladies and gentlemen the professor on the drum kit................"

Comment

I currently play the SRX as well, and am completely happy with the way the kit has come to sound. I was looking for that great maple sound, but without the great maple price.

Most other all maple kits are a lot higher in price, but all depends on your budget. If you have the money, go for the Pearl Masters MMX, and you won't be disappointed.

Thanks
                    Brad
                    Drums and Percussion Gear at Discount Prices
                    www.massmusic.net
                    Phone: 888-805-8004

Comment

Working...
                    X