Playing Metal with SRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Metal with SRX

Do you guys think SRX are good to play Metal? The toms and bass sound too bright (at least with the ProTone heads)...
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    My kit: Pearl SRX Custom in Marine Blue Fade
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a GIFT..."

i dont have an srx but people told me tat my session elite is equal 2 the srx and i play metal on it
    Band

Comment

Those drums you hear on metal CDs are all processed...it's really hard to get drums to sound like that naturally. SRX would be a good choice, since they have thicker shells for more power. Lots of pearl artists in the metal genre use MRX, which is the same shell as SRX. I think the SRX would be fine, I saw a guy in a death metal band on some other forum who had an SRX kit with evans heads and it sounded fantastic for the music. Good luck.

Comment

Put some Emperors on the toms and a Powerstroke 3 on the bass with Falam Slam patch -- the SRX then becomes an almighty METAL kit
        >Groooovvy< :)

Comment

Clear or coated emperors for the toms? What about pinstripes for the toms? They have a really nice sound too! What do you suggest between ambassador and emperor for the snare?
          My kit: Pearl SRX Custom in Marine Blue Fade
          "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a GIFT..."

Comment

you can play any style of music on any kit or instrument. its all about how you utalize what you have. you can play metal on a conga if you want to. but i think srx's do have a very "all around" sound to them. the big factor in how a drum sounds is more the heads and the tuning then it is the shells (althogh shells are pretty important too... especially if you care about looks like i do )

Comment

you can play any style of music on any kit or instrument. its all about how you utalize what you have. you can play metal on a conga if you want to. but i think srx's do have a very "all around" sound to them. the big factor in how a drum sounds is more the heads and the tuning then it is the shells (althogh shells are pretty important too... especially if you care about looks like i do )

Comment

I use my Prestige for mainly rock(heavy,progressive) and dont have any problems getting a dark sound out of them. It's all in the heads and the way you tune 'em. Not sure about the new SRX's but I have the maple/mahogeny/maple ply and they do the job well. I use Pinstripes for batters and clear Ambassadors on the reso sides and a P3 coated on the snare.
                I play, therefore I am a Percussionist :cool:

Comment

Working...
                X