Sessions v. Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize...

I realize that everyone has differing opinions, and I know what I want. I take other people's advice and use the info they give me, but whether or not they say "I like it." or "I don't like it." doesn't really matter.

Yeah, testing out the kits would be nice. I live in Wichita, KS, and the best local dealer (of Pearl) is a shop called Midwest Drum & Percussion. Good store, has a lot of nice stuff, though not too large. I've tested out two Masters kits there, the first was a BRX and the second was an MMX Extra (by the way what's the Extra mean?) and they were two of the best sounding kits I've ever heard. Never played on a Session, would love to, though. I've also tried out a Yamaha Maple Custom, at a different local dealer, and it sounded beautiful too. But Yamaha is a little more pricey, plus they have to come from Japan because they stopped manufacturing them in the U.S. years ago. So all that combined, in my opinion, makes Pearl a much better choice.

In the end, I think I will go with Masters. They are expensive, and from what I hear it's a little of a wait, but what an investment! I know if I do spend my money on the Masters that I WILL NOT regret it. If I bought a Session then I know I would think after a while, "Well what if I had bought the Masters..." So thanks for all of your support and answers, it's been a great deal of help. And thanks Les for the words of wisdom.

Talk to ya guys later -
    Eric
    JAPANESE GAME SHOW - Facebook

Comment

Working...
    X