Need help on drumheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on drumheads

So. I Just got my srx rack set. 10x9 12x10 13x11 16x16 22x18, i'm looking for peoples opinions on the best drum heads to use on these drums for a rock sound. i'm not looking for real deep rock drum sound on anything except for the bass drum. everything else i just want to be a good highmid tone thats a real smooth resonance. up until this point ive just bought my heads from the bargain box at the local music shop but now i'm looking for what heads will work the best for me sound wise. as i'll be in the studio working with my bands 5th release. and we'll be touring all summer. I want to get the best sound possible.. so please everyone give me your opinions on what heads to use. even if its not rock. tell me what you know. style of music the heads are good for and what not.. I thank you ahead of time for you your replys..

Remo Emperor's on the batter side of all of your drums....emperors are good for rock...
    Pearl Masters MMX--Midnight Fade

Sabian Cymbals--

Comment

why. though.. do they have good tone. or do they last long.. whats the reason their good... i'm not nessicarily looking for a durable head as much as i'm looking for tonal quality. i just want something that sounds good all around and helps with projection

Comment

Hey dude.....From what I have been told by other drummers on here...and what i have heard now...( i bought the emperors) the emporers have good tone....you can tune them high, low, or in the middle and still get a good sound.....i like my toms in the middle......The emperor's dont have any muffling on them.....so that helps with the projection part....pinstripes have some sort of muffling on them.....Emperors are awsome on SRX dude.
        Pearl Masters MMX--Midnight Fade

Sabian Cymbals--

Comment

th anks alot thats what i'm probably going to go with.. my other question was. i have 2 sets. ones for looks and what not but i still want good sound. my band mates want to go with the ambassador ebony heads.. do those have good sound to go with the looks

Comment

attack thinskin 2 ply coated batters
            attack thinskin 1 ply coated resonant

warm natural sound. very nice indeed.

Comment

Emperor's have very good attack but IMO I personaly use Pinstripes. Really brings out the warmth of the SRX shell.
              I play, therefore I am a Percussionist :cool:

Comment

Try this combo:

Emperor tops
                Ambassador bottoms

With this combo, your drums will sound really deep and resonant. Easy to tune too.

Powerstrokes on the batter and resonant side of the bass drum. I bought the package that Remo was selling and it came with one of the Dave Weckl muffle things. The bass drum sounds huge without sounding too boomy.

I hope this helps.

Comment

For toms I'd say try Remo Ambassador reso and Evans G2 batter. Great combo. That's what I'm going to be sticking with! Great dark sound, open, but not boomy. Good for just about any type of music. Sounds awesome in the studio.

Comment

Originally posted by drummerchick
                    For toms I'd say try Remo Ambassador reso and Evans G2 batter. Great combo. That's what I'm going to be sticking with! Great dark sound, open, but not boomy. Good for just about any type of music. Sounds awesome in the studio.
                    what do you know? youre just a girl! just kidding sweety.

Comment

Originally posted by Virulence

what do you know? youre just a girl! just kidding sweety.

Comment

Working...
                      X