No announcement yet.

Session just like a masters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since I saw the new session finishes I dont know why id rather have a masters, personally i find them pretty even in sound.
    Band

Comment

Originally posted by nofxrock
      I read somewhere else on this forum that there is an increase of 10% in sound qualities, decide for yourself if its worth spending extra for a relatively small increase
      Hi,

Personally i cant unsterstand how someone can make up a figure for how much better a masters is to a session, i mean what does 10% mean, theres no machine that masures how good a drumkit is , if the shells are the same with the same edges, i cant really imagine one being 10% better , just different sounding..

ben
      Sonor Signature Kit in Bubinga
      Sonor Signature Bubinga Snare
      Yamaha David Garibaldi Snare
      Pearl Omar Hakim Snare
      Tama Iron Cobra Powergilde pedal

Paiste 14" Sig Dark Crisp Hats
      18" Sig Full Crash
      18" Sig Mellow Ride
      22" Dark Energy MkII ride

Comment

The rims are the only caused to make the sound differs. But make sure you are comparing the SRX/SMX with MRX and SBX with BRX as they have 6-ply shells.

My Kit

Comment

Okay then, why get a masters, other than looks and the fame of having one?
          おねがい
          ティーチャー

Comment

None (for me)

My Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Al_Jecht
              good question. I'd rather get a Session and upgrade down the road with Mastercasts if I'm inclined

Comment

Originally posted by Al_Jecht
                If you are idealy leaning towards the standard of a 6ply maple or birch kit and want the quality but not the super high price tag, then get the Sessions for sure!!
                If you buy a Session, then you can also upgrade nearly all your cymbals in comparison to the Masters price tag!

I decided to buy an MMX, and had all sorts of ideas about getting all new cymbals with it, and perphaps some percussion side stuff too. But I didn't take into acount the price tag well enough, so while paying for my Masters, I realized I didn't have the dough left for cymbals.
                My Masters are great drums but if I could go back in time, I would have gotten a Session, and that way I could have walked out of the store with $1500 worth of A customs aswell!!!
                Now I have to wait. Money is tight ...............
                MMX BABY!!

Comment

Originally posted by nofxrock
                  I read somewhere else on this forum that there is an increase of 10% in sound qualities, decide for yourself if its worth spending extra for a relatively small increase

Ummm...whatthehell?!? How does one calculate something like this anyway?? Sound quality is too subjective to apply math. Let us remember that though constructing instruments takes a good deal of math and science, music is ART, not science. Go look at the drums, then hit them, then compare the price...and buy what you like bottom line! You really can't go wrong if your choice is either Sessions or Masters.

Also I got a case of soda or beer for anyone who, in a blindfolded test, could identify the sound of similarly well tuned Sessions and Masters drumkits made of the same wood in even 7 out of 10 tests.

I'll be waiting at the 7-eleven ...

Boogie

Comment

Big Dave - I have a maple SRX and it does sound awesome with the 6 ply maple shells and triple flanged hoops. However, I play an MMX snare because I LOVE the full, deep, resonant sound of the MMX thin shells. What's great about the 6 ply kits is that you can actually play them in small to medium sized venues un-amplified and get away with it. But the near field and/or amplified sound of the thin shelled MMX beats the 6 ply sound hands down.
                    Radical 1

Comment

I can get a masters shell pack for about 1,800 and a session shell pack for about 1,200
                      So I think I would get a masters when I have the cash.
                      おねがい
                      ティーチャー

Comment

Working...
                      X