Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GENE or ? session Jazz kit..18"

Pearl Session Jazz kit

What can you pearl folks tell me about this kit..

orginally sold by Drum Center of Indianapolis - I got it from a seller in California.. it is supposed to be one of a limited number of kits made, for a jazz festival?

what is the shell construction? where does it fit into the grand scheme of pearl drums..

18" bass, 12" 14" toms.. black lacquer finish.. see thru black.. super hoops..
    x
    thanks.. fatboy46 !!
    "If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
    George Carlin

"I don't think you can make a lawyer honest by an act of
    legislature. You've got to work on his conscience. And his lack
    of conscience is what makes him a lawyer." --Will Rogers

"I love a dog, he does nothing for political reasons." --Will
    Rogers

well, it does look like a session, besides the fact that it doesn't have Opti-Mount or I.S.S. and i think thats a bit curious
    "It's ok to quote yourself" ~ Me
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy" ~ Tom Waits

ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE: 2009 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE: 2011 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    RMFT

Comment

I saw those when they came out. It came as a 4pc set with a 5x14 matching wood snare. They were promoed as being a limited edition of only 500 sets, all black mist see through laquer. They used EXPORT ELX shells for some reason (drum sizes, color availability?) with all Session hardware, lugs, ect. So the shell likely wasn't available without being predrilled for the BT-3 at the time. This was before ANY Exports had ISS, nor did the lower (of 3) Sessions, the wrapped (DX?) ones.

That's from memory, but the key items are correct:
      500 unit limited edition
      Export Select shells with Session hardware
      Only in black mist.
      4pc

I picked up one of the jazz kit's matching snare drums via EBay about 18 months ago, missing the heads, rims, and tension rods, so it was fairly cheap. At least the lugs, snare mechanism and a set of snare wires came with it. I had rims and heads so I only needed to buy tension rods. It's now my primary snare with my wine red 6 piece session kit.

weps
      Last edited by weps; 03-06-2003, 12:51 PM.
      Pearl Masters piano black: MRX 8x8, 10x8, 12x8, MMX 15x14, 18x16, MRX 20x16 bass
      Snares: 14x5 Blacrolite w/S-hoop, 14x5 SX jazz special pimped w/Mastercast.
      Cymbals: ALL PAISTE: 3000 heavy hats, Signature 16", 18" fast crash, 17" mellow crash, 20" heavy dry ride, 18" thin China

Comment

weps.. thanks!! I couldn't find out the shell construction.. 'preciate your help!!
        "If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
        George Carlin

"I don't think you can make a lawyer honest by an act of
        legislature. You've got to work on his conscience. And his lack
        of conscience is what makes him a lawyer." --Will Rogers

"I love a dog, he does nothing for political reasons." --Will
        Rogers

Comment

Working...
        X