Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a pearl 24 inch bass drum

Hi,

I am looking for a 24 x 18 inch pearl bass drum in charcoal mettalic.

That would be an MLX series from 86-95 or so. Tough to come by but they pop up from time to time on ebay and reverb.

Comment

Yea, the one I have is from a birch vision series and needs to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by tamera View Post
        Yea, the one I have is from a birch vision series and needs to be replaced.
        What is wrong with it ?

Comment

There is a crack in the shell down by the spur and a crack in the wrap in the same area. I did not notice it until I was tuning the 2 bass drums the other day. Thankful it is on the bottom where it is not noticeable. I could take a picture I suppose.

Comment

Here's a birch/phillipine mahogany shell blend from the DLX line. Not exactly a Vision, but close. And the color is right.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25506419362...kAAOSwDgFg-3P-

Comment

Thank you for the lead on a bass drum. I have messaged to seller. I will have to change out the lugs and tom mount to match the other one. No big deal if all works out. Should be very little noticeable sound difference.

Comment

Drum is 16 deep, I need 18. Still looking.

Comment

Originally posted by tamera View Post
                  Drum is 16 deep, I need 18. Still looking.
                  16 depth better.. I've had both ..

If you must have an 18 depth.. and can't find it anywhere.. I can show you how to have a maple shelled kick built easy and quick..... then you can have a local car paint place match the finish to your hoops.. and you will have an awesome kick that should sound even better than your old one.

Comment

Might want to think about that 16” deep kick.
                    Decent price and it should be close on the finish.
                    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
                    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

I would rethink That 24x18 . The 24x16 is the size to play if you want a 24" that you can gig out and actually move in a car

why does it need to be 18 deep ? I would like to know your thoughts

I have had a 24x18 , a 24x14 , and settled on a 24x16
                      Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available
                      session Custom Maple Toms 12x9 Tab Fade
                      Session Custom Maple Tom 13x10

Comment

Originally posted by richie rich View Post
                        I would rethink That 24x18 . The 24x16 is the size to play if you want a 24" that you can gig out and actually move in a car

why does it need to be 18 deep ? I would like to know your thoughts

I have had a 24x18 , a 24x14 , and settled on a 24x16
                        I need a 24x18 to match the other 24x18 that I have since I have a double bass kit.

Comment

That would clear up any questions then

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...tory_type=post

I just saw this
                          Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available
                          session Custom Maple Toms 12x9 Tab Fade
                          Session Custom Maple Tom 13x10

Comment

Thank You RIchie,

Unfortunately its the wrong color. Need a charcoal metallic.

Comment

Working...
                            X