Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next up for restoration. Session Elite :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevaruka
    replied
    Originally posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Wow, nice job!

Can we see the weld job?
    I will take a pic of it today

Leave a comment:

• Josh Conover
    replied
    Wow, nice job!

Can we see the weld job?

Leave a comment:

• Kevaruka
    replied
    Originally posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    I understand, do the kick spurs need replacing? Any long lug issues? The MLX I found did need some TLC and although the kick spurs worked I decided to replace them with the newer masters LB 30 pair. I plan to replace the Tom arms but for now they work fine.

Did you repair the snare strainer assembly or did you find a replacement? I’m debating whether to keep the 1st gen FF because I prefer my Ian Paice Signature snare in sound. I also replaced the dreaded bow tie bass tension rods what a pain in the a.. they are! Im keeping my MLX (I think I’ve claimed this countless times before) anyway good luck on the restoration project.
    I think the spurs are fine as are the lugs (Need to inspect). I had the FF cradle TiG welded, shaped & re-drilled & it is now as good as new I will probably include it with this kit

43CF80CC-F40B-4EAC-B844-F284C3CC2DC8_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• skeld-the-wicked
    replied
    I understand, do the kick spurs need replacing? Any long lug issues? The MLX I found did need some TLC and although the kick spurs worked I decided to replace them with the newer masters LB 30 pair. I plan to replace the Tom arms but for now they work fine.

Did you repair the snare strainer assembly or did you find a replacement? I’m debating whether to keep the 1st gen FF because I prefer my Ian Paice Signature snare in sound. I also replaced the dreaded bow tie bass tension rods what a pain in the a.. they are! Im keeping my MLX (I think I’ve claimed this countless times before) anyway good luck on the restoration project.
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 06-12-2021, 05:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kevaruka
    replied
    Originally posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Wow great find Kevin! They look in excellent shape. We seem to have great luck in finding gems.
    Thank you Looks can be deceiving though......... Has quite a few issues which I will address The BD Batter Hoop needs re-spraying & quite a bit of paint correction needed. Both of the Tom Arms will need replacing as they have quite a lot of play in them. Looking forward to getting stuck into it though.
    I also have a MK1 Free Floater which I may include with it when I put it up for sale

Leave a comment:

• skeld-the-wicked
    replied
    Wow great find Kevin! They look in excellent shape. We seem to have great luck in finding gems.

Leave a comment:

• Kevaruka
    started a topic Next up for restoration. Session Elite :)

Next up for restoration. Session Elite :)

Bought this home today for full restoration. Love the colour. Session Elite with un-drilled toms. Bass Drum Batter hoop is away for paint matching.

Untitled by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    Untitled by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
Working...
X