Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rejoining the Pearl Family!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by MW_Runpali View Post
    The gong bass arrived! What a beast. Shame I don’t get to set up the kit just yet...
    Had a KellyShu lying around so decided to experiment with that. Looking great!
    Looks nice. On the Shu, I would move the upper pair of bungees up to the next pair of lug screws (or even the top, if you have enough bungee). Because I think a heavy mic will make that assembly wobble a lot with that current set up. Also use higher mounting holes in the Shu. Even better, leave everything where it is, and add another pair of bungees.

    Comment


    • #32
      MW, love the kit!
      I haven't had a lot of opportunity to play mine yet either but I expect that to change in the coming year.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
        Looks nice. On the Shu, I would move the upper pair of bungees up to the next pair of lug screws (or even the top, if you have enough bungee). Because I think a heavy mic will make that assembly wobble a lot with that current set up. Also use higher mounting holes in the Shu. Even better, leave everything where it is, and add another pair of bungees.
        I tried this setup with a mic and it was actually ok. I’m still gonna experiment with other ways too, I want to get the mic away from the center of the drum towards the shell. I’ve never worked with a gong before so there’s some learning to be done. Thanks for your input!
        Pearl Session Studio Classic
        #103 Piano Black
        10”x7”, 12”x8”, 13”x9”, 14”x14”, 16”x14”, 16”x16”, 18”x16”, 2 x 22”x16”, 24”x15”, 20”x14” gong, 14”x5,5” snare

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Ron Gerber View Post
          MW, love the kit!
          I haven't had a lot of opportunity to play mine yet either but I expect that to change in the coming year.
          Thanks! Yes, some long awaited changes are expected here too!
          Pearl Session Studio Classic
          #103 Piano Black
          10”x7”, 12”x8”, 13”x9”, 14”x14”, 16”x14”, 16”x16”, 18”x16”, 2 x 22”x16”, 24”x15”, 20”x14” gong, 14”x5,5” snare

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by MW_Runpali View Post
            I tried this setup with a mic and it was actually ok. I’m still gonna experiment with other ways too, I want to get the mic away from the center of the drum towards the shell. I’ve never worked with a gong before so there’s some learning to be done. Thanks for your input!
            I also forgot that this is a gong drum, and not a kick drum... so there will be much less force and pressure going through that shell. Everything looks nice; I'm glad you're happy with your new drums!

            Comment


            • #36
              ...See now you are making me want to add a gong drum to *my* Sessions....

              Ugh...

              But outstanding kit... ;-)

              Kit Pix
              Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Jonah Hex View Post
                ...See now you are making me want to add a gong drum to *my* Sessions....

                Ugh...

                But outstanding kit... ;-)
                Haha! And you should want one! It sounds amazing!

                Here’s a pic I forgot to post, taken a month ago. Still doesn’t have the gong or 14” floor tom.
                Attached Files
                Pearl Session Studio Classic
                #103 Piano Black
                10”x7”, 12”x8”, 13”x9”, 14”x14”, 16”x14”, 16”x16”, 18”x16”, 2 x 22”x16”, 24”x15”, 20”x14” gong, 14”x5,5” snare

                Comment

                Working...
                X