Rejoining the Pearl Family!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MW_Runpali View Post
    The gong bass arrived! What a beast. Shame I don’t get to set up the kit just yet...
    Had a KellyShu lying around so decided to experiment with that. Looking great!
    Looks nice. On the Shu, I would move the upper pair of bungees up to the next pair of lug screws (or even the top, if you have enough bungee). Because I think a heavy mic will make that assembly wobble a lot with that current set up. Also use higher mounting holes in the Shu. Even better, leave everything where it is, and add another pair of bungees.

Comment

MW, love the kit!
      I haven't had a lot of opportunity to play mine yet either but I expect that to change in the coming year.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
        Looks nice. On the Shu, I would move the upper pair of bungees up to the next pair of lug screws (or even the top, if you have enough bungee). Because I think a heavy mic will make that assembly wobble a lot with that current set up. Also use higher mounting holes in the Shu. Even better, leave everything where it is, and add another pair of bungees.
        I tried this setup with a mic and it was actually ok. I’m still gonna experiment with other ways too, I want to get the mic away from the center of the drum towards the shell. I’ve never worked with a gong before so there’s some learning to be done. Thanks for your input!
        Pearl Session Studio Classic
        #103 Piano Black
        10”x7”, 12”x8”, 13”x9”, 14”x14”, 16”x14”, 16”x16”, 18”x16”, 2 x 22”x16”, 24”x15”, 20”x14” gong, 14”x5,5” snare

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Gerber View Post
          MW, love the kit!
          I haven't had a lot of opportunity to play mine yet either but I expect that to change in the coming year.
          Thanks! Yes, some long awaited changes are expected here too!
          #103 Piano Black
          10”x7”, 12”x8”, 13”x9”, 14”x14”, 16”x14”, 16”x16”, 18”x16”, 2 x 22”x16”, 24”x15”, 20”x14” gong, 14”x5,5” snare

Comment

Originally posted by MW_Runpali View Post
            I tried this setup with a mic and it was actually ok. I’m still gonna experiment with other ways too, I want to get the mic away from the center of the drum towards the shell. I’ve never worked with a gong before so there’s some learning to be done. Thanks for your input!
            I also forgot that this is a gong drum, and not a kick drum... so there will be much less force and pressure going through that shell. Everything looks nice; I'm glad you're happy with your new drums!

Comment

...See now you are making me want to add a gong drum to *my* Sessions....

Ugh...

But outstanding kit... ;-)

Kit Pix
              Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah Hex View Post
                ...See now you are making me want to add a gong drum to *my* Sessions....

Ugh...

But outstanding kit... ;-)
                Haha! And you should want one! It sounds amazing!

Here’s a pic I forgot to post, taken a month ago. Still doesn’t have the gong or 14” floor tom.
                Attached Files
                #103 Piano Black

Comment

Working...
                X