Pearl Session Studio Select Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Session Studio Select Kit

I am very happy with my new Session Select kit. I think the thin shell makes the difference in the punchy full tone. I have been going back and forth between Evans 56 heads and Evans G1 on top. They both sound great but am leaning toward the G1 for awhile. I do use a pinstripe on the 8 inch tom with a higher tuning it renders a nice round tone.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190426_162952.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	5294920Click image for larger version

Name:	20190426_163208.jpg
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	5294921

Sweet kit. Welcome to the Forum. Can someone fix these pictures please.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

sweet kit .. fix'd pics for you .. lol
      Attached Files

Comment

OHH just noticed Thank You for the picture fix. They are correct in my file. Using a Steve Jordan snare drum in this shot. I have a DW Bell Brass snare on the way. I have used two Masters MCX kits but the session studio selects are a great focused clean tone.

Comment

Thanks for the picture fix. lol

Comment

Awesome kit. Really like the setup.

How do you fix the inverted pics?
            DrumandFly

Piano Black BLX
            http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...ighlight=Piano

Comment

Another user corrected the pictures. JP

Comment

Oh Thanks I really like this set sounds super!

Comment

Can we please get the cymbal specs.
                  Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
                  22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

Cool kit!
                    1. Tama Superstar Hyperdrive , brushed charcoal finish.
                    2. I drum for Jesus ;-)

Comment

Hi everyone. I am adding a pic of my DW Bell Brass snare drum. It is used but new to me. I just began to tune but so far it is wonderful. My cymbal set up at this time is Sabian Hand Hammered Thin crash 14 inch. Sabian HH Thin 16 Dark Crash . Sabian 21 HH Rock Ride. Sabian 18 HH Thin Crash. Byzance 10 inch splash Three Sabian Mini matched china cymbals 6inch 9inch 11inch Sabian 18 inch Holy China.

Comment

[attach=config]513720
                        Attached Files

Comment

WOW !!! NICE KIT !!! I LOVE mine too !!! I see you too are (for this kit) a SABIAN guy.....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the brass DW snare ! CONGRATS !

Comment

Thank You I appreciate that. I love Sabian's especially the HH Thin Dark crashes. The DW Bell Brass is super sounding as well. This kit is just super sounding. I like a higher resonance tuning like S. Phillips approach. This shell still retains a great low end tone and punch with the G1 on top. Sounds like a cannon..lol

Comment

Posting a pic of my Crush 7x13 inch snare drum. Warm sounding Copper Hammered shell with a crisp attack and full bodied tone. When I unpacked this drum someone included a note and wrote that I was getting one heck of a snare drum. Man! He was right.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	20190505_142926~3 (5).jpg
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	5212908

Comment

Working...
                              X