Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess I'll drop this here as well. I already hit the vintage forum. Love these!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I'll drop this here as well. I already hit the vintage forum. Love these!

My mid-life crises drum kit! Click image for larger version

Name:	drums.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	5294798 Gonna be 55 next month and lately I've been reminiscing about deeper tom depths and a larger set than the 4 pc. Tama Superstar custom kit I had been playing for the last few years. While perusing the facebook marketplace site, I came across this mid 90's nine piece Pearl Session series MONSTER that I have lovingly dubbed "Big Teal" as it is finished in my favorite teal lacquer from that period. I actually owned a smaller 5 pc. version of this kit in the same finish bought brand new back then and immediately regretted selling it because it always sounded as good as it looked. Looking forward to cleaning, polishing and restoring it to it's former glory! The kid I bought this from said "if I didn't sell it, I was going to spray paint it a matte black". I gasped "NO, I'm so glad you didn't"! His annoyed father agreed with me as I handed over the cash and began hustling them out of there. I'm not thrilled with the ISS mounts and never have been but I'm going to try to modify them a little by replacing the metal spacers on the ISS brackets with rubber grommets and try putting adhesive backed foam rubber on top of the bracket lip where the rim rests to try to isolate the toms a little better. If that doesn't work, I'll probably go back to my favorite tried and true R.I.M.s method of mounting. Sizes are 8X8, 10X10, 12X10, 13X11, 14X12, 16X14, 18X16 ,22X16 and what I consider an awesome bonus: a matching 6.5X14 snare!
    10 pc. Pearl Session Series SRX in #125 Teal lacquer. 4pc Tama Superstar classic maple kit in Silver Snow metallic lacquer. Zildjian Custom A 14" Projection hats, 17"Projection crash, 18" Sabian AAXplosion crash and 20"Sabian AA Rock ride. Tama Iron Cobra pedal/hi-hat, Pearl hardware.
Working...
X