Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearl Session Studio Select Reviews

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pearl Session Studio Select Reviews

    Seeing as there's almost a complete lack of reviews online about the Session Studio Selects, even from major music media outlets, I was wondering if those who own these drums could share their thoughts.

    How do you like them? Discuss!

  • #2
    I just picked mine up about a month ago. If I had to sum it up in one word- amazing. Just a nice fat warm sound. Put new Aquarian heads on them and took the time to find where they resonate and holy mother of god. It really sounds like a kit that's just begging to be recorded.
    Session Studio Select - Antique Crimson Burst
    Sabian - B8 (next upgrade)
    Vater - Los Angeles 5A
    Aquarian Drum Heads
    Currently learning from Rick Stojak

    Comment


    • #3
      I would really like to get a small kit of these beauties, like a Zep set. I really want to hit some.
      See my kit here -
      Pearl Masters MCX-A Artisan Limited Honey Burst Mappa Burl

      22x18, 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5 and a 14x6.5 FFS Brass Snare

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by solitary glen View Post
        I would really like to get a small kit of these beauties, like a Zep set. I really want to hit some.
        The STS944XP/C configuration:

        STS24x14
        STS13x9T
        STS16x16F
        STS1816F
        sigpic


        Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks Al!
          See my kit here -
          Pearl Masters MCX-A Artisan Limited Honey Burst Mappa Burl

          22x18, 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5 and a 14x6.5 FFS Brass Snare

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            I'll provide some feedback once mine gets here....*finally* shipping this week....then about a week or two of configuration changes because it's a little bigger than my past kits... :-D Not sure how much I'll get into it before I head to Africa for work....but will chime in.

            Kit Pix
            Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jonah Hex View Post
              I'll provide some feedback once mine gets here....*finally* shipping this week....then about a week or two of configuration changes because it's a little bigger than my past kits... :-D Not sure how much I'll get into it before I head to Africa for work....but will chime in.
              You're in for a real treat!
              Session Studio Select - Antique Crimson Burst
              Sabian - B8 (next upgrade)
              Vater - Los Angeles 5A
              Aquarian Drum Heads
              Currently learning from Rick Stojak

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah - waited forever for it.....gets here January 2nd and I'm on a plane the next day and out of country for two weeks..... :-/

                Kit Pix
                Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jonah Hex View Post
                  Yeah - waited forever for it.....gets here January 2nd and I'm on a plane the next day and out of country for two weeks..... :-/
                  Ouch....hopefully you can get it roughly put together and at least get a little play time before you leave.
                  Session Studio Select - Antique Crimson Burst
                  Sabian - B8 (next upgrade)
                  Vater - Los Angeles 5A
                  Aquarian Drum Heads
                  Currently learning from Rick Stojak

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by roadshow230j View Post
                    Ouch....hopefully you can get it roughly put together and at least get a little play time before you leave.
                    I think if I spend any time setting up new drums ahead of being away from home for two weeks, my wife will have a bonfire while I'm gone.... ;-)

                    Priorities.... Sometimes ya gotta give a little.... ;-)
                    Last edited by Jonah Hex; 12-22-2018, 06:31 PM.

                    Kit Pix
                    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Purty:



                      The added kick pillow in the box was kinda cool.....this is about all I'll get to do until 1/16.....work interferes....

                      Kit Pix
                      Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is a great review of this kit.

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lqBMnHtyFg

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X