Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session Studio Select Order Fail

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick warning when you are ordering from any of the Major Online Music Stores.. this is the second time I have had this problem. I ordered a Session Studio Select Kit back in April... Black Halo Glitter, 22, 10, 12, 14, 16... and was told it would be in by late May... early June at the latest.... and it is still not here... They seem to have no idea when it is going to be here.... make sure you check with the drum company you are ordering from about ship dates... and any other timing issues.. as I have found that the communication between retailer & drum company is sometimes less than stellar. Hoping my kit is here soon!! Been a long wait.

Happy Drum Shopping

Alex

Originally posted by AFuller View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Just a quick warning when you are ordering from any of the Major Online Music Stores.. this is the second time I have had this problem. I ordered a Session Studio Select Kit back in April... Black Halo Glitter, 22, 10, 12, 14, 16... and was told it would be in by late May... early June at the latest.... and it is still not here... They seem to have no idea when it is going to be here.... make sure you check with the drum company you are ordering from about ship dates... and any other timing issues.. as I have found that the communication between retailer & drum company is sometimes less than stellar. Hoping my kit is here soon!! Been a long wait.

Happy Drum Shopping

Alex
    BTW, just to clarify.. Issue is on the Seller side.. not the drum company side..

Comment

You could just cancel the order and get something else. There's no shortage of really nice drum sets. Perhaps you have your heart set on one particular kit?

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Happy Drum Shopping

Alex
        cancel the order and get a masters maple complete for like 100 dollars more

Comment

Originally posted by CUZNRED View Post
          cancel the order and get a masters maple complete for like 100 dollars more
          Was a "special order" so i can't cancel it . I already have two Masters Maple Complete Kits hahahaha. (Bombay Gold Sparke & Absinthe Sparkle)

Have my heart set on the Mahogany/Birch Shells with the Black Halo Glitter Finish.. so holding out haha
          Last edited by AFuller; 07-23-2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Hey you Might Let us know Which retailer dropped the Ball.

When I think of Special Order it means good service from the seller.

The Manufacturer in this case is Pearl and we know they will hold up there end that was a Namm promotion correct?

I would be contacting the Sales Manager with that Online store and carefully work it out and have them Prove they placed the order correctly and have them make it right.
            Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available
            session Custom Maple Toms 12x9 Tab Fade
            Session Custom Maple Tom 13x10

Comment

Have my heart set on the Mahogany/Birch Shells with the Black Halo Glitter Finish.. so holding out haha
              This ^ is why I am willing to wait as well....the shell composition...

Kit Pix
              Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by richie rich View Post
                Hey you Might Let us know Which retailer dropped the Ball.

When I think of Special Order it means good service from the seller.

The Manufacturer in this case is Pearl and we know they will hold up there end that was a Namm promotion correct?

I would be contacting the Sales Manager with that Online store and carefully work it out and have them Prove they placed the order correctly and have them make it right.
                I hate throwing them under the bus, because i have always had good luck.. but for inquiring minds.. Sweetwater. I would still recommend them, but this circumstance has been a fail all around.

Comment

I'm waiting on special order items for Session Select kit to. Talked to my dealer last week and he said they should be here early/mid august. My dealer informed me when I ordered them that it would be 5-6 months for them, so I knew in advance that it would be a while. I bet your kit comes in when my special order items do.
                  sigpic
                  Club YDF

Comment

Originally posted by Labambawarrior View Post
                    I'm waiting on special order items for Session Select kit to. Talked to my dealer last week and he said they should be here early/mid august. My dealer informed me when I ordered them that it would be 5-6 months for them, so I knew in advance that it would be a while. I bet your kit comes in when my special order items do.
                    I'm guessing you are correct.. unfortunately.. What did you order?

I understand people make mistakes, but this has been brutal.

Comment

I'm guessing you are correct.. unfortunately.. What did you order?

I understand people make mistakes, but this has been brutal.
                      What did I order?? Well its nothing crazy, but it will definitely improve the aesthetics of the kit!!
                      sigpic
                      Club YDF

Comment

That sucks. Managing customer expectations is a really important part of doing business.

My situation was similar when I ordered a snare from a major US retailer. I even asked about lead time before ordering and they said it was stocked. All they do is look at the site. No investigation or validation.
                        Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Happy Drum Shopping

Alex
                          Next time you want to order something important, like a whole kit, contact Chris at Drums on Sale, Matt at Fork's Drum Closet, Dana at Bentley's Drum Shop, or Tony at Drum Center of Portmouth. Any of those dealers will give you a good price, and do exactly as they promise. Problem solved.

Was a "special order" so i can't cancel it . I already have two Masters Maple Complete Kits hahahaha. (Bombay Gold Sparke & Absinthe Sparkle)
                          Totally untrue, unless you paid cash or check, and have no way of getting your money back. If you paid with a credit card, you could surely contact them to initiate a cancelation. The seller did not fulfill their part of the bargain and deliver your kit in the time frame they originally promised. Now, according to you, they seem clueless about the order. I would get that charge reversed if possible, unless you think there's a chance they might actually deliver.

You could also check with Al Percival to see if he could intervene and help the dealer get their act together.
                          Last edited by ; 07-23-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I am curious how those sound myself. I am not sure why Pearl doesn't keep a healthy amount of sizes in stock in Nashville.

Comment

Custom kit takes 5-6 months typically I understand, but it really hurts when retailers are being short of honest about lead times and not keeping you fully in the frame with respect to progress. All they need to do is find out the status and communicate it honestly. Its not asking much.
                              Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
                              8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

Comment

Working...
                              X