Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session Studio Select Gallery

Hey all,

Speaking more directly to our forum friends who work directly at Pearl. . I would love to see a collection of pictures of each of the finishes in this line. Most of what I've seen has been from NAMM, would like to see some different pictures. I'm specifically interested in seeing pictures of the Black Halo Glitter Finish, but it would interesting and helpful to see more of every finish. Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Alex

Here is a picture of the Black Halo Glitter Finish. It is similar to the Eric Singer comet sparkle but with smaller halo flakes. Different lighting offers a myriad of different halo flake spectrum of colors.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Thank You Al, sorry to Heckle you. Really appreciate it. They look great.

Comment

Originally posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
        Here is a picture of the Black Halo Glitter Finish. It is similar to the Eric Singer comet sparkle but with smaller halo flakes. Different lighting offers a myriad of different halo flake spectrum of colors.
        Thinking of adding this one to my sparkle collection

Comment

I have yet to see an entire kit in this finish only the 10" sample tom that was @NAMM. But in person it looked very cool under the lights. Lots of talk regarding the birch/African mahogany shells. This kit is the real deal!
          sigpic

Comment

I have heard great things about those shells, be a nice partner kit to my two mct kits .

Comment

Is that a custom one-off finish, or can you special order it for the Selects? That would be such a great offering in that price range.
              Tama Starclassic Bubinga in Satin Aztec Gold Metallic -Sabian Cymbals-Pro-Mark Sticks-Remo Drumheads

Comment

Originally posted by LeftySlammer92 View Post
                Is that a custom one-off finish, or can you special order it for the Selects? That would be such a great offering in that price range.
                It is a standard finish in the new STS Session Studio Select color 316-black Halo Glitter
                sigpic

Comment

It is a standard finish in the new STS Session Studio Select color 316-black Halo Glitter
                  Just ordered this in the 22, 10, 12, 14, 16 variety. Can't wait. Sweetwater said they were unsure when I would get it exactly, but super excited. Thanks for the info Al.

Comment

Originally posted by AFuller View Post
                    Just ordered this in the 22, 10, 12, 14, 16 variety. Can't wait. Sweetwater said they were unsure when I would get it exactly, but super excited. Thanks for the info Al.
                    Can't wait to see. You'll probably be the first to get. Post good pics I'm dying to see a full kit in this finish! Congratulations!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh nice! Congrats! Looking forward to seeing it!!
                      sigpic
                      Club YDF

Comment

Can't wait to see. You'll probably be the first to get. Post good pics I'm dying to see a full kit in this finish! Congratulations!!!!!
                        Can't wait, Sweetwater seemed unsure on the timeline.. hoping it will be in the next 2 to 3 weeks. Last kit for a while for me, but i'm sure it will be a winner. I will post good pics as soon as they arrive.

Comment

Can't wait, Sweetwater seemed unsure on the timeline.. hoping it will be in the next 2 to 3 weeks. Last kit for a while for me, but i'm sure it will be a winner. I will post good pics as soon as they arrive.
                          Speaking of Sweetwater, they just did a really thorough video on this kit. Definitely seems like a great kit for the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lqBMnHtyFg

Comment

Originally posted by jmagnum View Post
                            Speaking of Sweetwater, they just did a really thorough video on this kit. Definitely seems like a great kit for the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lqBMnHtyFg
                            Nick does a nice job demonstrating and explaining the details about the kit, but he and Sweetwater did not set that kit up very well. The rack toms sounded dead, with little to no resonance. I think the floor toms were on the verge of being tuned too low. The snare was tuned poorly, cranked to high on the batter side. I think they could've made that kit sound much better with a little more attention to detail. Just my $0.02.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
                              Nick does a nice job demonstrating and explaining the details about the kit, but he and Sweetwater did not set that kit up very well. The rack toms sounded dead, with little to no resonance. I think the floor toms were on the verge of being tuned too low. The snare was tuned poorly, cranked to high on the batter side. I think they could've made that kit sound much better with a little more attention to detail. Just my $0.02.
                              Yeah horrible sound with those Pin's IMO. I'm imagining those shells will sound glorious with something like coated amb's top/bottom cranked up. Memphis drum shop usually does'nt make these mistakes like Sweetwater.

Comment

Working...
                              X