Session Studio Classic vs Wood Fiberlass kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session Studio Classic vs Wood Fiberlass kit

I need advice here. I am torn between these two Pearl lines of drums. I am pretty sure I want a 20" bass drum, so let me know your opinions. I play quite a variety of musical styles. Mostly rock, blues , and country. I cannot find anyone in my area that have either of these kits available to play, so please help. Thanks

Hello???

Comment

I was very impressed with Big King's wood fiberglass kit. The floor tom was noteworthy and the finish was something to behold.
      Guru Tour padauk segmented
      Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/emerald curly maple)
      Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
      Tama Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
      Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

Comment

I had a whole big thing wrote up, and got a work call on my phone before I could send so... Can't go wrong with a Sessions kit. I have no experience with wood fiberglass. Go to the sessions section on PDF and the wood fiberglass section & read as much as you can. I'm sure both are great choices. Cheers!

Comment

In terms of sonic quality, does the wood fiberglass have a fuller sound , being a kapur shell?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
            In terms of sonic quality, does the wood fiberglass have a fuller sound , being a kapur shell?
            They both have Kapur in them so it's a matter of preference/size/finish options as they'll both sound great

Sessions ... 6-ply 7.5mm Birch/Kapur Shells

WoodFiberglass ... 7-ply 7.5mm Kapur-Blended Shells with fiberglass interior

since you can't test out these kits where you live then I highly suggest listening to A LOT of videos on youtube with good speakers of each series and do A LOT of research from owners of each series and read their opinions

Comment

Thanks for your help..

Comment

I have a wood fiberglass kit however I think the sessions are a better sounding set of drums

Comment

I love my wood/fiberglass kit. Big punchy tone suitable for rock, metal pretty much anything. I haven't played the newer SSC line but they are pretty decent. Both sets have similar price points. However, if you watch your local craigs List or eBay you might find a used masters kit for a similar price.
                  sigpic
                  DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

Comment

Working...
                  X