X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer this Pearl Admin. Please?!?!?

Can you guys tell me whether or not I can custom order
    a natural finish srx? I was wondering because my
    FFL and Sopranino snares are both in natural finish.

Please Respond.
    Turbo Christian
    Keepin it Chuch!
    CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY

I can't answer your question pal, however, I can give you my 2 cents: Have your set a different colour than your snares. Lots of people do it.
    Keller Custom Kit in Scarlet Red Mahogany!
    12x8, 14x14, 22x18, 14x5.5

Sabian & Istanbul cymbals, Pearl/Mapex/Gibraltar hardware.

Comment

You probably have read in the Forum what the differences are between SRX and MRX. One of the main differences is the cosmetics of the wood. They both use the same quality wood but the MRX uses what we call "A" quality (best cosmetics) for the outside of the shell, "B" quaility (2nd best cosmetics) on the inside, and "C" quality (3rd best cosmetics) in the middle. The SRX uses "B" plies on the outside and "C" plies on the inside and middle. The "B" plies differ in color enough that it's not possible to get uniform color matching if they were done in natural thus it's not done.

Comment

I have been looking at other drum companies' maple shells, and I don't know if it's just me or if it's a wood quality issue, but the Pearl maple shells appear a bit darker in shade than some maple shells I've compared them too. Does this have to do with the adhesive used and the HC/sms system on the shell, as I know this doesn't affect sound quality because Pearl makes the best shells on the market. Just wondering.

Comment

i dont think it looks good when u have a set of one color and a snare of another. unless the snare is a metal, becuz most metal drums arent goin to be the color of ur kit...
          End of post...scroll up and re-read.

Comment

Originally posted by drummer4JC
            i dont think it looks good when u have a set of one color and a snare of another. unless the snare is a metal, becuz most metal drums arent goin to be the color of ur kit...
            Thanks drummer4JC! I see I'm not the only one who likes
            for his kit to match.

Hey Gene, Thanks; I guess I'll have to save the extra ducketts
            for a Masters. Kudoos!
            Turbo Christian
            Keepin it Chuch!
            CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY

Comment

Working...
            X