Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you still order prestige session select toms from Pearl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you still order prestige session select toms from Pearl?

I remember there being a thread not to long ago saying that you could still order discontinued toms from pearl through an authorized dealer, but I'm not seeing that thread anymore, is it still possible or are we SOL? I have been trying to find an 8 and 18 tom for my kit for quite a while now.......
    Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott
    1966 - 2004
    R.I.P.

I'm asking PMI on your behalf.
    sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Thanks so much!
      Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott
      1966 - 2004
      R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Open Handed View Post
        Thanks so much!
        What year and what color? single or 3-piece hi-tension lugs?
        sigpic

Comment

Not sure what year they are I would say like 1998 to 2000. Also they are in Teal Blue and I'm not sure if they are single or high tension lugs but honestly I wouldn't mind either way at this point its been such a struggle to even find these toms. The badges say Pearl Prestige Session Select on them and they have the super hoop rims on them and the I.S.S. mounts. I really appreciate you going out of your way for me!
          Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott
          1966 - 2004
          R.I.P.

Comment

I really appreciate you going out of your way for me!
            Al is ON it!!!!
            MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
            CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

you were looking for this thread

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=244070

The sizes and color will be the same but not sure about the exact wood combination and it will have a "Session Custom" badge
              Solo project: "Suicide Animals" - experimental death thrash industrial zombie noiz
              drums: Pearl Prestige Session Select in Carbon Mist
              hardware: all Pearl
              cymbals: Paiste (Signature, Sound Formula, RUDE, VISIONS, 2002, and Twenty Series)

"Everything you do is a reflection of you......"

Comment

Yes that was the thread! How did you find it I was looking for it and couldnt find it anywhere. Anyways does that still apply with the prestige session select series toms? I guess I'll know tomorrow......
                Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott
                1966 - 2004
                R.I.P.

Comment

Yes that was the thread! How did you find it I was looking for it and couldnt find it anywhere. Anyways does that still apply with the prestige session select series toms? I guess I'll know tomorrow......
                  I'm still awaiting on the official reply from PMI but I'm guessing it will be SMX shell with Session Custom badge, NCL-100 lugs (and your color) if they'll do it.
                  sigpic

Comment

PMI confirmed "Color #125 Teal Blue is still available in MMX, MRX and SMX

So your badge would be a SMX Session Custom and the shell will be 6-ply 100% maple 7.5mm shell thickness.
                    They no longer offer the SRX maple/philippine mahogany/maple composite shell.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks a lot Al for going out of your way to find all of that out for me I really appreciate it! I'm gonna put my order in tomorrow!!!
                      Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott
                      1966 - 2004
                      R.I.P.

Comment

Dear Colleagues,
                        I've just found this thread, as I am searching for 10" and 12" Prestige Session Select toms. I managed to buy a 20" bass drum and a 16" tom, and like their sound very much, so decided to buy somehow these toms. Click image for larger version

Name:	Pearl_Prestige_Session_Select.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	5211100
                        I think this is the maple-mahagony-maple series. Is there anybody who can help me with ideas / offers / etc.?
                        Cheers,
                        Zsolt

Comment

I guess you'll be after my kit then albeit in a different colour
                          Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
                          8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

Comment

Working...
                          X