Show Me Your Pearl Session Elite Drums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Session Elite View Post
    Well, decided to retire my Session Elites. Put it up upstairs where it will remain for a long time. I bought, sold, and re-bought the Session Elites 3 times through the years and it's not going anywhere again. lol. Just put it up, still needs to have a deep cleaning though... Still pretty, after all those years.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]462048[/ATTACH]
    Love that kit. That color is one of my all time favorite Pearl colors. That series is one of Pearl's best.....well worth putting up and holding on to!

Comment

Its successor, the Prestige Session (SPX), that ran from 1994-1996, was also available in #118 Pacific Blue, but that series' signature colour was #121 Cherry Sunburst. It is nice to see so many blue Session Elites. I love it when a series of drums has a colour option that really defines it, in a sense. I wouldn't mind one day owning a Session Elite set. (There's a lovely kit in 2x22/10/12/14/16 on the second-hand market, right now. But I can't justify the purchase and I really don't have space to keep it.)
      1982 Maxwin DLX705 in #55 Silver Flash
      1994 SX "Session Series" in #38 Stainless Steel
      1990 CZX "Custom Z" in #130 Champagne
      1991 SZX "CZX Studio" in #133 Crimson Quartz
      1986 SC "Syncussion X" in black
      Roland TD-20SX
      Roland TD-30KV

Comment

I am looking for a 8" tom in pacific blue. My cell is (828) 273-8382 if someone knows where I can find one, could you please let me know. I will be posting some pictures of my set soon, just really needing a 8. Thank you all you drummers, and there are some really nice sets on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Orr View Post
          I am looking for a 8" tom in pacific blue. My cell is (828) 273-8382 if someone knows where I can find one, could you please let me know. I will be posting some pictures of my set soon, just really needing a 8. Thank you all you drummers, and there are some really nice sets on here.
          That's funny that you post this. In the past week I just contacted a guy in Philidelphia who has a 9 pc PSE for sale, including the 8" in pacific blue, It' on CL, I texted him but he never responded. Probably thought it was spam, because I live in Missouri. Don't know where you are from, but you might as well give it a try. I know some of us have been searching for the 8" for years....
          Pearl Session Elite, 10/12/14/16/22
          Ddrum Defiant Dbop 12/14/20
          Pork Pie Snare Drums
          Pearl Brass piccolo Snare Drum
          Zildjian A/K Cymbal Set
          Paiste 2002 Cymbal Set
          Sennheiser e602/e604 mics with May miking system

Comment

Man, I really feel like I'm the only real Session Elite Addict on this forum. Have some updated pics for whoever might be interested! Just cleaned every lug, tightened every nut and bolt, replaced all heads top and bottom's and cleaned the whole kit! She's smoking hot again! Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-22 19.36.54_zpslrkpbcrw.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	5182920Click image for larger version

Name:	20140623_202146_zps3dmep23c.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	5182921
            Pork Pie Snare Drums
            Zildjian A/K Cymbal Set
            Paiste 2002 Cymbal Set

Comment

Nice kit dude, I'm torn between eventually upgrading to a session, or just pulling the trigger and going to a masters. I like both and I just can't decide.
              My Vision VBX is Concord Fade, there are many like it but this one is mine.

14" x 5" natural maple free floater

Comment

It's a tough decision...the sessions are such great drums. The masters (and MLX before those) are just legendary drums, and with the price gap being so close now it is hard to not just go on up to the masters. They used to be a bigger price difference and that made the sessions much more attractive. However, both the blue and red session classics are two of my favorite finishes pearl is offering right now. And the new shell formula does sound very nice. It does make for a tough decision.

Comment

I love mine. Plus I prefer triple
                  Flanged hoops and the shallower shell sizes. I also like the finishes a LOT more than the Masters series. Not to mention they sound amazing. So punchy yet so deep for how shallow the sizes are. Maybe not as warm as maple but I personally love the sound. Though I find you've got to tune them lower to really get that phat tone out of them.

Comment

you're not the only one addicted to slx, SE
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	n1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	5184454

Comment

Originally posted by odeu View Post
                      you're not the only one addicted to slx, SE
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]472446[/ATTACH]
                      That's a beauty my friend! Very nice setup!
                      Pork Pie Snare Drums
                      Zildjian A/K Cymbal Set
                      Paiste 2002 Cymbal Set

Comment

Hey guys, couldn't find Session Elite thread so I posted under Show us your Exports, feel free to check out my Sessions under Before and After in the Export section!
                        Attached Files

Comment

When I finished with cleaning I'll post pics here for sure!

All the kits in here look awesome, blue is great, but it's hard to beat those white hoops! Crisp!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spx118 View Post
                            Thanks. I have provided the information on how to obtain these cover plates. email: hdtrophies@msn.com Phone: (760)245-7614 Contact: Bill Bill said that he would make them for who ever and mail them out. Really adds a nice fit and finish to the drum, almost like Pearl made them.
                            Wow, those are sweet, I seen pics a week or so ago, but didn't read, the comment, I thought you ordered them factory! Because they truly look like it!

Comment

Here they are, finally got them put together!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. I would advise you to put the 14" tom on the stand and clamp the crash to that, though.
                                1982 Maxwin DLX705 in #55 Silver Flash
                                1994 SX "Session Series" in #38 Stainless Steel
                                1990 CZX "Custom Z" in #130 Champagne
                                1991 SZX "CZX Studio" in #133 Crimson Quartz
                                1986 SC "Syncussion X" in black
                                Roland TD-20SX
                                Roland TD-30KV

Comment

Working...
                                X