Show Me Your Pearl Session Elite Drums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is also pacific blue, love it! It's in fact my third Session Elite. On
    www.thefirecreekband.com , my band, are a lot of recordings done on the Session Elite. They are just great drums. I like the pictures of the Session Elite's around, they are getting rare. Keep 'em in shape boys. Awesome.

Btw, I have an extra 12" in pacific blue that I would like to trade with an 8", 13" or a floor. If interested PM me. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Pearl Session Elite, 10/12/14/16/22
    Ddrum Defiant Dbop 12/14/20
    Pork Pie Snare Drums
    Pearl Brass piccolo Snare Drum
    Zildjian A/K Cymbal Set
    Paiste 2002 Cymbal Set
    Sennheiser e602/e604 mics with May miking system

Comment

Here is mine, in #103 Piano Black. I have a 22" kick, 10, 12, 13, 16, 18" toms in perfect condition, but with this band a one up/one down setup is more than enough
      These pics were made at the latest video shoot we made with this band, they wanted a black drumkit because of the white background, yet the kit is barely visible, take a look at the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeeV9...eature=related
      And the pics, of course
      Attached Files
      Last edited by indi_veteran; 11-06-2009, 07:21 AM.
      https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...of-Collector-s

Comment

Originally posted by indi_veteran View Post
        Here is mine, in #103 Piano Black. I have a 22" kick, 10, 12, 13, 16, 18" toms in perfect condition, but with this band a one up/one down setup is more than enough
        These pics were made at the latest video shoot we made with this band, they wanted a black drumkit because of the white background, yet the kit is barely visible, take a look at the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeeV9...eature=related
        And the pics, of course
        Nice drums brother.
        MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
        CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

please can you tell me what type of wood was used on session elite serie.
          Do you also know the number of plies on a 10 inches tom.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dav'drummer View Post
            please can you tell me what type of wood was used on session elite serie.
            Do you also know the number of plies on a 10 inches tom.
            Thanks
            After a brochure, all SLX drums has 7 plies, there is nothing about different ply configurations for different drums sizes. See the brochure page from 1991:
            Attached Files

Comment

sweet not liking the cymblas :/

Comment

Great kits guys. These drums are becoming rare. On the entire forum, this is all we have. It's kinda cool. I am looking for a 8 or 10 tom in Pacific Blue if anyone has any idea as to where to get one. Cheers.
                Pearl Reference #103 Piano Black
                12x9 | 13x10 | 16x16 | 22x18 |
                Paiste
                Signature | Noise Works | 2002 | 3000 |
                Sound Formula | Alpha |
                Looking for 14x14 Reference Floor Tom in 103 Piano Black

Comment

Originally posted by spx118 View Post
                  Great kits guys. These drums are becoming rare. On the entire forum, this is all we have. It's kinda cool. I am looking for a 8 or 10 tom in Pacific Blue if anyone has any idea as to where to get one. Cheers.
                  I'm gonna fight you over that 8" tom!
                  Pearl Session Elite, 10/12/14/16/22
                  Ddrum Defiant Dbop 12/14/20
                  Pork Pie Snare Drums
                  Pearl Brass piccolo Snare Drum
                  Zildjian A/K Cymbal Set
                  Paiste 2002 Cymbal Set
                  Sennheiser e602/e604 mics with May miking system

Comment

Yeah, I keep checking around hoping to find an 8 or 10. Especially in that color. Pearl will make one for me though. Al checked it out and they said that they could do it. The badge would be the same and of course the color they could do. However, the lugs would be the split lugs off of the last session series and the shell would be maple instead of the composition birch/mahogany shell. That is good because I can get the 3 piece lugs off of ebay. The only thing is that the drum is expensive. I still may do it though.
                    Paiste
                    Sound Formula | Alpha |

Comment

Originally posted by spx118 View Post
                      Yeah, I keep checking around hoping to find an 8 or 10. Especially in that color. Pearl will make one for me though. Al checked it out and they said that they could do it. The badge would be the same and of course the color they could do. However, the lugs would be the split lugs off of the last session series and the shell would be maple instead of the composition birch/mahogany shell. That is good because I can get the 3 piece lugs off of ebay. The only thing is that the drum is expensive. I still may do it though.
                      Hey bro,

it's all about luck I just found a 8" tom for my Piano Black SLX... It wasn't expensive, and needs some claening, but, this colour is much easier to find, than the Pacific Blue (for which I'm jealous, of course). If I were you, I would order that SMX 8" tom without any hardware, because you have to buy lugs for that, why spend your money to lugs, that you will never use?

Comment

Hopeful

Yeah, you got lucky. Nice catch. I believe that the price for the tom would be the same with or without the lugs. I asked this question already about a snare. It's just how they do it, especially on a special order. I am still hoping to find one here on ebay. I saw a couple of drums in the Pacific Blue here about six weeks ago or so on ebay. I didn't need those sizes and the drums were really trashed. I"ll keeping looking. Sometimes when you least expect it, something pops up at the last minute. I had been looking for stainless steel tension rods for a few of my snare drums. New from a retailer they are really, really expensive. My Chad Smith that comes stock with these, didn't have them when I bought it pre-owned. Anyway, I hit the jackpot on ebay last week and bought 80 of them for super cheap. Now all my snares and my toms will have the SST tension rods, It's a nice upgrade when you can get them for a good price.
                        Paiste
                        Sound Formula | Alpha |

Comment

is that the session elite and the prestige session elite are the same series ?
                          if not what is the difference between these drums ?

Comment

other question
                            I've the possibility to make a good deal, i can have a 10 inches session elite tom for a low price.
                            My question is : i have a pearl master serie (22, 12, 14, 16, maple with Reinforcement Rings) and i want to know if the sound of the 10 inches session elite tom will be compatible with my current set ??
                            If i buy this tom i'll change the lugs and and i'll put the mastercast hoops.
                            Thanks for your answers.

Comment

To my knowledge,the Session Elite and Prestige Session Elite are the same. The shells are a birch/mahogany composite shell. As far as the session tom sounding like the maple of your master series, it's hard to say. The session Elite's sound really great. The series was designed to have the attack of the birch and the warmth of maple resonating in such a way to bring out the best attributes of both woods. I am not sure the session tom would sound identical, but I do think with proper head selection and tuning, it would sound pretty good. 10" tom is going to be tuned high at any rate so I think you could get away with it. What color is the session tom that your looking at? My Session Elite kit is Pacific Blue and I have been looking for a 8" or a 10" tom forever. Anyway, I hope this helps.
                              Paiste
                              Sound Formula | Alpha |

Comment

yes thanks a lot for your answer
                                the tom is in white color, is it a lacquer finish on session elite serie ? and last question what are the hoops on this serie, is it pearl super hoop 2,3mm ?
                                the tom is equiped with IMS mounting system, there's no hole.

I think i will make a good deal and integrate the tom in my current set up.
                                your arguments convinced me.
                                Last edited by Dav'drummer; 11-19-2009, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X