X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluke
    replied
    Originally posted by Benji
    Congratulations on your purchase, Fluke.
    Cheers! The order finally went in today, the dealer's obviously in no rush but it's done at last, and Pearl did confirm they can do the virgin bass, 6-8 months though. I'm still happy though, might even have my dedicated room finished and soundproofed by then

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    replied
    ^ Exactly.

Congratulations on your purchase, Fluke.

Leave a comment:

• emprica
    replied
    Originally posted by apachewolf
    Reference kits being TOP of the Pearl line (followed very closely by Masterworks)
    Bro, you can get a masterworks in reference specs and what ever finish you want, Masterworks are the top of pearls drums.

Masterworks
    Reference
    Masters
    Sessions
    Export
    Forum
    Target

I guess it goes something like that

Leave a comment:

• SweetDrums1234
    replied
    i definately want to see some pics. i love my Tobacco Burst (sig), its absolutely beautiful, and Marine Blue Fade would be my second choice.

Leave a comment:

• Fluke
    replied
    Hey there Flauke,

First up... Congrats on the order & keep us all informed on the updates & pic's when you get the kit six months down the track.

Secondly... You should be able to get a virgin kick still, as I got mine just a month or two ago (& yes... the 6 month wait was well worth it, check out my signiture) & it is about the only "custom" modification that Pearl will do on the Sessions.

Keep in mind, that if you really want a Maple kit in a SBX colour... you can order a Masters maple kit (MMX, MRX & MSX) in a Session colour!!! Tobacco Burst is way sexy! LMAO
    Hi Mr Wolf, I have indeed noticed and greatly admired your kit, it looks fantastic. Obviously Tobacco Fade is the loudest colour but as a Masters is beyond my budget, I will be very happy to settle with the MBF. Also got confirmation from Pearl Europe today that I can still get a virgin bass as a special order (thanks Gene!), now just have to do the deed with my dealer, who seems to have forgotten to phone today Anyway all will be underway tomorrow and there will be pictures a'plenty

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    replied
    Last of all... The reason Pearl stopped the option of colour changes from SMX to SBX & so-on, was because of the Reference kits being TOP of the Pearl line (followed very closely by Masterworks),
    How could the Reference series possibly be above Masterworks? The Masterworks line remains Pearl's flagship series.

Leave a comment:

• apachewolf
    replied
    Hey there Flauke,

First up... Congrats on the order & keep us all informed on the updates & pic's when you get the kit six months down the track.

Secondly... You should be able to get a virgin kick still, as I got mine just a month or two ago (& yes... the 6 month wait was well worth it, check out my signiture) & it is about the only "custom" modification that Pearl will do on the Sessions.

Last of all... The reason Pearl stopped the option of colour changes from SMX to SBX & so-on, was because of the Reference kits being TOP of the Pearl line (followed very closely by Masterworks), thus putting the Masters range down a peg or two (if you know what I mean) & by doing this, made the Masters the last of the TOP-END kits that can be customized with colour changes from one series to another. Plus for the fact that by alowing customers from having so many options with the Sessions... was taking the sale figures off the Masters down some what!

Keep in mind, that if you really want a Maple kit in a SBX colour... you can order a Masters maple kit (MMX, MRX & MSX) in a Session colour!!! Tobacco Burst is way sexy! LMAO

Leave a comment:

• Fluke
    replied
    Cheers, I'll find out tomorrow if I can get a virgin bass but will put the order in either way

Leave a comment:

• danlk2
    replied
    awesome man, and marine blue fade is a better choice anyway! have fun with it.

Leave a comment:

• Pho3n|x
    replied
    marine blue fade is an awesome finish, and six months wait is a long one - but definately worth a new Pearl SMX!! Congrats man, cant wait to see the new pics

Leave a comment:

• Fluke
    replied
    It didn't go quite to plan; although the shop had told me that a virgin bass was not a problem, once I was in there and tried to confirm that with them, it turns out they have no clue whether Pearl will do a virgin bass or not, so they will have to contact Pearl on Tuesday to find out, and then let me know. I hope Pearl will still do them without that evil tom mount!

PS. Cheers for the comments guys

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    replied
    Congratulations on your purchase - that's a very similar setup to my own kit. My drums are in Marine Blue Fade too, it's an awesome finish.

Leave a comment:

• tobsta
    replied
    Sounds great. I recently just put an order in for a SMX to. Its gonna be a six months wait for me aswell.

Leave a comment:

• Fluke
    replied
    I'm going in today to put the order in at last It's going to be a long six months, but will be worth it!

Leave a comment:

• TheAlphaBreed
    replied
    Hell yes!

The Marine Blue fade is the best finish I've ever seen. I love it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X