Loudest heads for an SMX 16x20 kick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loudest heads for an SMX 16x20 kick?

I`m considering adding a 16x20 bass drum to my SMX arsenal. My question is for those that own this drum. What is the loudest and deep sounding head combination for this particular drum. Thanks for everyone`s help.
    Masterworks - Purple Sparkle Burst
    Masters MCX - Cranberry Fade
    DW Collector's Maple/Mahogany - Blue Glass

Masters Army

Originally posted by ntime
    I`m considering adding a 16x20 bass drum to my SMX arsenal. My question is for those that own this drum. What is the loudest and deep sounding head combination for this particular drum. Thanks for everyone`s help.
    I use the EMAD on mine. Sounds loud and deep.
    My Sessions in Vintage Fade
    Myspace w/ Masters Pics

Comment

Originally posted by evanthedrummer
      I use the EMAD on mine. Sounds loud and deep.
      with a stock reso
      Spence

Rock out, Roll on

There is no cure for birth, nor for death. Thus, one must rock out to the fullest during the interval in between.

Comment

Yeah an EMAD is NOT going to be the loudest. Think about the muffling, that reduces volume considerably.

The loudest heads would be a Remo Clear Ambassador on the batter and a Remo Ebony Ambassador on the resonant. There is no added muffling and they are loud. Even if you add muffling they are still louder than PS3's, EQ4's, SKI's, and Force I batters.
        Headhunters Sticks and Creations Artist

Comment

If you want loud, you're gonna have to go for more of a boom... I'd say Coated Ambassador tuned medium tight with a fairly big pillow inside and an Ambassador Coated as a reso... No port..
          Kit on Order: Masters MHX - 20x18 - 8x7 - 10x8 - 12x8 - 16x13

I've been an air drummer for about all my life, I just recently went pro a few years ago and it's really changed my life around... :rolleyes:

Check out my new band!! Heaven of Bones

Comment

If your looking for something loud and deep I would suggest the Evans EQ3 clear head. Very big sound and if tuned right you won't need to muffle it at all.
            Sonor Drums
            Saluda Cymbals
            Remo Drumheads
            Pro Mark Drumsticks

Comment

technically the loudest would be diplomats, since thinner heads give more volume, but i know what you mean. i've got ps3's on my brx kicks and they sound powerful enough. keep what i said about thickness in mind though if you don't want a ps3. it should help give you an idea of what you want
              7-Piece Double Bass BRX!
              The critics are raving: "Pure hotness. One of the nicest kits on here."-Fran, "F*ckin Beautiful"-NevDRUM, "Amazing!!! HOLY SHINIKES!"-rushofblood2112, "Gorgeous kit and setup"-DeadSkinMask, "Beautiful!"-drmrman, "absolutely awesome!"-AL PERCIVAL

Comment

clear powerstroke 3 is a good choice, self muffled but still plenty loud and open

Comment

I use2 have a Mapex Saturn with a Powerstroke 3 kick head it use2 chake the picutres on the wall in the house. I think going as thin as possible without going to thin is best....if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                  X