No announcement yet.

Ref wait-aholics anonymous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These were the days , so much fun complaining about the wait lol ... I remember when my kit showed up , they came in stages and every time something showed up it was like Christmas ... Have a safe Memorial Day weekend all !!!
    Pearl
    Evans
    Vic Firth
    Zildjian

Comment

• Originally posted by deadheadmike View Post
      These were the days , so much fun complaining about the wait lol ... I remember when my kit showed up , they came in stages and every time something showed up it was like Christmas ... Have a safe Memorial Day weekend all !!!
      Good point! When you look forward to getting the dream kit more than your birthday

Comment

• I just call Sweetwater everyday and ask if they have shipped. If they get sick of me maybe they can force my order to the front of the production line! Its been 2 months, six more to go! Ugh...

Comment

• Alright, so I've joined Ref wait-aholics anonymous. I've just placed a 20% deposit down for a 16x14 Reference Inca Gold Burst floor tom with black hardware. I've been advised of a 5-6 month wait. So the wait begins....

Here is an overheard pic of my kit in the meantime. I'm in the process of cleaning up the dungeon-like garage and sound treating it a little.

Will hopefully have my splash, 19" crash before the floor tom arrives. Also considering the K Custom Hybrid Trash Smash as a china alternative.
          Attached Files
          Pearl Reference - Inca Gold Burst with Black Hardware
          20x16 10x8 12x9 14x14 16x14
          Snare 1: Reference Pure 14x6.5- Matte Black
          Snare 2: Masters Maple Complete 14x5.5- Antique Walnut

Comment

• Nice resurrection! 11 years
            My previous Ludwig kit; Pearl Sensitone Aluminum , Pork Pie, Black Panther and Crush snares.
            DW 5000, Pearl modded P-102, P-120P & P-2002B. IC Powerglide. Many cymbals from the big 3.
            Tiny pic of my old cymbal setup.
            sigpic

Comment

• It is crazy to me this series has been around for over 15 years. Man, I am getting old.
              dalewmiller.com my kits: 1 2 3

GMS | Paiste|Evans|Kennedy Camden Auxiliary Percussion

Comment

• Damn...time has flown by fast, I've had my Granite Sparkle kit since 2008 and been a member here since 2004.

Still play the kit to this day, in my doom / blackgaze band just using the kick 22x18 & 16x16 Floor.
                Always delivers live and in studio!
                My Kits-

Reference 4pc Setup

Reference Kit-

My Homebuilt kit..

Want to trade my 22x18 Granite Sparkle Bass drum for 20x18 Granite Sparkle. Hit me up :D

Comment

Working...
                X