Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reference Review on Mikedolbear.com

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reference Review on Mikedolbear.com

    I thought these guys hated our product. Thanks for the honest review....

    http://www.mikedolbear.com/story.asp?StoryID=951
    The only good thing about the music business is the music......

  • #2
    thats a pretty solid review..I have only had a chance to see them in person twice, but from what i seen and heard, i do like them alot..
    I play with strings and sticks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Just a testament to just how great they are, to be able to sway someone who came in leaning towards not expecting much at first.

      I know I love them..
      My Last.fm profile | My Youtube Vids

      Virgil Donati Snare | Omar Hakim Snare |Pearl BRX | Gibraltar Rack | IC/Elim Hybrid Dbl v2.0 (Inventor) | Sabian/Paiste

      Comment


      • #4
        Great review.
        Check out my NEW site: www.drums-of-newyork.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DeepThought
          Just a testament to just how great they are, to be able to sway someone who came in leaning towards not expecting much at first.

          I know I love them..
          Well said. The guy was being convinced against his will. That's definitely an A+ in that case!
          - Philee :)
          Pics of My Tamburos With Drum Stage!
          Originally posted by drumstx2010
          personally id rather not walk around in dead beavers thnx.

          Comment


          • #6
            You can probably see me smiling from here! I cant wait for mine to arrive!
            Great review.
            Reference Series Drums / Pearl Hardware / Sabian Cymbals / Humes & Berg Enduro Pro Cases / Roland TD-30KV

            Comment


            • #7
              Well done Pearl guys! Trust your experience, take a risk. The naysayers seem to be reluctantly admitting that you've done a sensational job with these drums.

              Cheers

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah !!
                Where is my RF baby ? Preety nice test ..nice, very nice
                :]
                Masters Reserve MRV #347 22x18,10x7,12x8,16x14
                Fiberglass-Wood 22x16,10x7,12x8,16x14 #327
                Session Select 20x14,10x7,12x8,14x14 + ordered 16x16 (Oct18") in #405
                Pearl snares: 14x6.5 Brass, 14x5.5 Aluminium, 14x6.5 MMX c.a 1994 in #110, M1946 Solid Maple 14x5.5, 14x8 Session Select #405

                Comment


                • #9
                  Dude...that guys name is PUSeY....hahahahahaha, hilarous


                  and thats a damn good thing to hear [the review] maybe more of these will help these people who disagree with pearls SHEER BRILLIANCE!

                  i'll get a reference kit in twilight fade one of these days!
                  all i want is just 4 little (but increasing in diameter) drums...is that too much for a boy to ask!?!?
                  "It's ok to quote yourself" ~ Me
                  "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy" ~ Tom Waits

                  ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE: 2009 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                  ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE: 2011 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                  RMFT

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    solid review
                    PAuL E. WiLlIaMs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That's pretty good review,my best wishes to Pearl Enterprises.Dr. Zaragemca

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by zaragemca
                        That's pretty good review,my best wishes to Pearl Enterprises.Dr. Zaragemca
                        Wow, way to bring a thread back from the dead dude!
                        2001 MRX Platinum Mist
                        2002 BRX Wine Red
                        2006 Ref Purple Craze

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In my 30 plus years of drumming, I have played on every brand and type of kit there is. I sat behind a Reference kit a year ago and was totally blown away. Never had I heard drums sound so "in tune" with each other. What sold me was the floor toms. They are marvels of design. The Reference floor toms are THE most resonant and tonally perfect floor toms I have ever played. The kick drum....The kick drum will make you smile when you thump it. I love every hit of the beater on that kick drum.
                          Reference is by far the most perfectly designed drum series to ever happen for us lucky drummers. I thought they were full of crap when I first heard about the series.
                          I finally got my own Reference kit a month ago, and I haven't quit smiling yet. I took them into the studio, and not just any studio, this studio was used to record all of Kansas's albums and others like Blues Traveler, Cinderella, Marilyn Manson, etc. The engineer made the statement that he had never had a kit of drums that he did not need to compress or spend a lot of time EQ'ing. He didn't with this kit.
                          He was blown away by the sound of the drums. I can tune my drums, so that helps. But, the Reference series is THE best series out there. If you get the chance to play a well tuned kit, or get one of your own, you will get to wear the 24 hour smile I now wear!
                          Dan
                          Pearl MW: Antique Sunburst
                          Pearl MW: Bubinga Artisan
                          DW Coll.: Exotic Twisted Olive
                          DW Coll. Aztec Gold Sparkle
                          Snares: Pearl Ref : 6.5x14" Steel, Pearl Eric Singer
                          Carolina Drumworks 6x14" Bubinga Stave
                          Balt. Drum 7x14 10/6 Maple.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Harleydan
                            In my 30 plus years of drumming, I have played on every brand and type of kit there is. I sat behind a Reference kit a year ago and was totally blown away. Never had I heard drums sound so "in tune" with each other. What sold me was the floor toms. They are marvels of design. The Reference floor toms are THE most resonant and tonally perfect floor toms I have ever played. The kick drum....The kick drum will make you smile when you thump it. I love every hit of the beater on that kick drum.
                            Reference is by far the most perfectly designed drum series to ever happen for us lucky drummers. I thought they were full of crap when I first heard about the series.
                            I finally got my own Reference kit a month ago, and I haven't quit smiling yet. I took them into the studio, and not just any studio, this studio was used to record all of Kansas's albums and others like Blues Traveler, Cinderella, Marilyn Manson, etc. The engineer made the statement that he had never had a kit of drums that he did not need to compress or spend a lot of time EQ'ing. He didn't with this kit.
                            He was blown away by the sound of the drums. I can tune my drums, so that helps. But, the Reference series is THE best series out there. If you get the chance to play a well tuned kit, or get one of your own, you will get to wear the 24 hour smile I now wear!
                            Better than sex?
                            2001 MRX Platinum Mist
                            2002 BRX Wine Red
                            2006 Ref Purple Craze

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jpcdrummer
                              Better than sex?
                              Well, since my wife won't be reading this, ABSOFREAKINLUTELY!
                              Dan
                              Pearl MW: Antique Sunburst
                              Pearl MW: Bubinga Artisan
                              DW Coll.: Exotic Twisted Olive
                              DW Coll. Aztec Gold Sparkle
                              Snares: Pearl Ref : 6.5x14" Steel, Pearl Eric Singer
                              Carolina Drumworks 6x14" Bubinga Stave
                              Balt. Drum 7x14 10/6 Maple.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X