Good for Recording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for Recording?

The Reference Series says it is the Most "acousticly advanced" (or something along those lines) drumset around. Does this include 'in the studio'? I'm sure the RS will sound orgasmic but I wouldn't want to spend mucho dinero on something that isn't the best of both worlds. (Btw, I'll be purchasing this product in 3-5 years )
    Mapex Mafia - Bermuda Sparkle
    How to build HotRods/ThunderRods for less than 4 Bucks a pair
    05'-06' EHS Drumline Lt.
    06'-07' GA Southern Drumline Tenor
    07'-08' GA Southern Drumline Tenor

probably; but im pretty sure almost any well tuned set will sound good in the studio as long as everything is eq'd right

Comment

i've used some of the worst sets. this will be one of the best. common sense tells us that: yes, it will be MUCH better.
      (\_/)
      (
      O.o)
      (><)

If you've ever pushed on a door that said pull, copy this into your signature.

Pics from Newfoundland

Comment

I'll put it to you this way, when we were at Sound Kitchen here in Nashville recording these drums, and the video, the sound engineers were very impressed with how they sounded. When Dennis fired them up, the guys in the control room just giggled with excitement...they want one for studio recordings at Sound Kitchen.

When we walked away from that project, the guys at sound kitchen remarked at the raw tonal qualities of Reference drums...no hype or exaggeration, they were blow away.

I'm being completely honest here, no bull**** or dramatizing....that's what was said, and that's what happened. They didn't have to say it, we didn't ask - it just made an impression on them.

Comment

i want a video of it with my grandma there verifying that your telling the truth

Comment

Hook just said bull****.
            My virgin ears!!!

"It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that swing."

My kit.

Comment

Originally posted by notphilip
              i want a video of it with my grandma there verifying that your telling the truth
              Send her over, I'll pull out the XL-1S and record the whole thing...plus interview her on what you were like as a child, maybe have her relive for us some shameful childhood memories....like that time at band camp....and the peanut butter story...

Comment

Originally posted by Hook
                Send her over, I'll pull out the XL-1S and record the whole thing...plus interview her on what you were like as a child, maybe have her relive for us some shameful childhood memories....like that time at band camp....and the peanut butter story...
                Do you mind if I come along?
                I taught Tiger everything he knows...except for golf.

xbox live gamertag: darqwing duq
                ADD ME :D

Comment

You're already part of the family, Pearl family, our home is your home....but you will be required to do dishes or run the sweeper now and again.

Comment

You're already part of the family, Pearl family, our home is your home....but you will be required to do dishes or run the sweeper now and again.

Shhhibby! lol
                    ┬▒StandardDeviation
                    14" HHX Pwr hats
                    18" HH R. Crash
                    19" HH R. Crash
                    18" HH China
                    20" HH R. Ride
                    9" Stage Ice Bell
                    Pearl Elim. Belt twin red cam, Remo, VF 5AW
                    Pearl J.J. 6.5X13 snare (1hellofa snare!)
                    5X14 Reference snare, Purple Craze

Comment

haha, reading this just cheered me up

Comment

Things like this are what makes pearl the best company ever, by the way hook im wanting to get down to nashville this summer maybe ill pop in
                        http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...-and-Zildjians

Comment

heh =)
                          This is my signature. If you learn one thing from it, let it be this: I have not written anything of value in my signature.

I play drums. Do you?

Comment

Im going to wait until you get a kit at the HQ and im comming back

This time im meeting everyone.
                            666 party with the devil!

Comment

Hey, Hook? I ordered my Reference kit Jan 26. When will i get them early May or late May?
                              http://www.vicfirth.com/education/dr...ssentials.html[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]

Comment

Working...
                              X