Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Pearl Reference Kit (Purple Craze I Finish)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Hey neighbour. Nice looking kit. I am kind of fond of purple kits myself at the moment. Your basement pics remind me of our last house in Georgetown.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by sticks4drums View Post
      Hey neighbour. Nice looking kit. I am kind of fond of purple kits myself at the moment. Your basement pics remind me of our last house in Georgetown.
      Thanks -- ha, I really need to finish off my basement. It's not the most glamorous setting for such a nice drum set.
      Drum Knight YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9g...OH-yyA6O-6eBDA

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        Cheers for the details! Yes I had a 6" tom and a 20" gong drum, the latter I didn't even get to play before selling but that's another story. Pearl were kind enough to make me the 6x7 tom in Reference specs, including a Ref badge not a MW badge. It's now owned by another PDF PC kit aficionado.
        I think I've seen that one around these parts. It still looks as great as the day it arrived and sounds amazing.
        Attached Files

        Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
        6x7 | 6x7 | 8x7 | 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 18x14G | 20x14G | 20x16 | 22x18
        Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
        Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
        Tama Octobans

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by RG1820X View Post
          I think I've seen that one around these parts. It still looks as great as the day it arrived and sounds amazing.
          I think that little wee tom needs a bigger mount.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by RG1820X View Post
            I think I've seen that one around these parts. It still looks as great as the day it arrived and sounds amazing.
            Hey it's good to see it Andy, looks right at home there!

            Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
            8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

            Originally posted by Mike Foreman
            Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by RG1820X View Post
              I think I've seen that one around these parts. It still looks as great as the day it arrived and sounds amazing.
              I don't know how Pearl jams all that hardware into a 6" shell (Reference, Masterworks, or otherwise) but they make it work.
              Drum Knight YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9g...OH-yyA6O-6eBDA

              Comment


              • #37
                Gorgeous kit! I just ordered a Masterworks 6x8 rack tom in Reference 8" specs. Except I swapped out 2 outer maple and 4 inner birch. How do you like the 6" rack tom?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Thanks. I love my 6" tom. It's a Masterworks model that was being sold as part of a used Purple Craze Reference kit in a music store in Vancouver. I didn't need or want anything other than the 6" tom and inquired if they would sell just the 6" tom and they agreed. I really like it. It's not the most versatile drum, given its size. But it compliments my kit and sound really nicely. Have you gotten your 6" tom yet?
                  Drum Knight YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9g...OH-yyA6O-6eBDA

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Drum Knight View Post
                    Thanks. I love my 6" tom. It's a Masterworks model that was being sold as part of a used Purple Craze Reference kit in a music store in Vancouver. I didn't need or want anything other than the 6" tom and inquired if they would sell just the 6" tom and they agreed. I really like it. It's not the most versatile drum, given its size. But it compliments my kit and sound really nicely. Have you gotten your 6" tom yet?
                    Hi There,
                    Sweetwater is holding it for me. The rest of the kit is a 12 piece Reference. I just wanted to receive everything all at once. If I had to stare a that 6" tom for 5 months it would be torture! lol. My kit is delayed of course due to global logistic issues. I'm hoping to receive it sometime between MLK Day and President's Day. I ordered it April 1st...I've been pretty patient, but that is starting to fade. lol. I hope you are still enjoying that gorgeous kit!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X