Reference bd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference bd

I was looking for used stuff on kijiji and my attention went on this : I would be able to get it for 400$ can, good deal or not ?

Would take this bd as a starting point of a journey to build a complet kit from kijiji/ebay..
    Attached Files

In my opinion, yes it is a good deal - a new 22x18 Reference bass drum sells for over $1000. It also looks like it is in great shape.

A word of caution: If it is a #193 Purple Craze, you may have difficulty finding individual pieces to build a color matched kit in a timely manner because the color was discontinued around February 2012.

On a positive note, Purple Craze (193) was a mainstay in the Reference line for years, so if you were going to try, you will probably find them if you are willing to wait.

(And if it is not obviously, I love purple craze drum sets.)

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    6x7 | 6x7 | 8x7 | 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 18x14G | 20x14G | 20x16 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

Comment

It's a good deal if you are putting together a Frankenstein kit of different models and colors. If you are hoping to build a matching kit piece by piece it could be an expensive and time consuming journey.
      I own or have owned drums and cymbals made by every major manufacturer. My go-to kit is a DW Collectors series set.

Comment

Originally posted by RG1820X View Post
        In my opinion, yes it is a good deal - a new 22x18 Reference bass drum sells for over $1000. It also looks like it is in great shape.

A word of caution: If it is a #193 Purple Craze, you may have difficulty finding individual pieces to build a color matched kit in a timely manner because the color was discontinued around February 2012.

On a positive note, Purple Craze (193) was a mainstay in the Reference line for years, so if you were going to try, you will probably find them if you are willing to wait.

(And if it is not obviously, I love purple craze drum sets.)
        I can only but concur.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
        8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
        Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

Working...
        X