Reference Red Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference Red Finish

Can anybody tell me what kind of Finish is this and how does it called? And maybe in what year it was introduced?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

That's red glass glitter wrap.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

Comment

oow, that's a wrap ??? on reference?!
      when was it introduced?

Comment

Originally posted by sdrum177 View Post
        oow, that's a wrap ??? on reference?!
        when was it introduced?

Red glass has always been available. Look at the hoops. If that were a Reference lacquer finish, the entire hoop would be red sparkle.
        Drumming since 1961.
        Many Paiste Cymbals

Comment

I believe that Red Glass was first offered in the BSX line that came out in 2006. I have a Red Glass MCX.

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...-Sound-to-Kill!
          I have lots of drums...

Comment

Originally posted by quicksticks View Post
            Red glass has always been available. Look at the hoops. If that were a Reference lacquer finish, the entire hoop would be red sparkle.
            From the point of view of a second hand kit, Should I assume that a reference kit with wrap finish has less value then the same with a lacquer finish?

Comment

Originally posted by ADman2B View Post
              I believe that Red Glass was first offered in the BSX line that came out in 2006. I have a Red Glass MCX.

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...-Sound-to-Kill!

I believe you are correct. I was referring to the red glass being available on the Reference series since its inception. Anyway, isn't it a great finish! It's one of my favorites. Most pics don't show its true beauty. The ones above are pretty good.

From the point of view of a second hand kit, Should I assume that a reference kit with wrap finish has less value then the same with a lacquer finish?
              Why would it be worth less? Both cost the same when new. Glass glitter wrap for a kit like the one in the first pic would cost about $600, and that's just for the product. The wraps on a Ref kit are glued onto the shell. There's labor involved. Also, there's a better chance of the wrapped kit being in better aesthetic shape than a lacquer kit of the same age, especially if the kit was gigged.
              Drumming since 1961.
              Many Paiste Cymbals

Comment

^ Agreed.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
                8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
                Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

Why would it be worth less? Both cost the same when new. Glass glitter wrap for a kit like the one in the first pic would cost about $600, and that's just for the product. The wraps on a Ref kit are glued onto the shell. There's labor involved. Also, there's a better chance of the wrapped kit being in better aesthetic shape than a lacquer kit of the same age, especially if the kit was gigged.[/QUOTE]

Wait a Scond...
                  $600 for 8,10,12,14,22 (no snare)?! where may i ask did you see such Price for used Reference Kit?

Comment

Why would it be worth less? Both cost the same when new. Glass glitter wrap for a kit like the one in the first pic would cost about $600, and that's just for the product. The wraps on a Ref kit are glued onto the shell. There's labor involved. Also, there's a better chance of the wrapped kit being in better aesthetic shape than a lacquer kit of the same age, especially if the kit was gigged.
                    Wait a Scond...
                    $600 for 8,10,12,14,22 (no snare)?! where may i ask did you see such Price for used Reference Kit?[/QUOTE]

I said the wrap for a kit like the one in the first picture would cost $600. No where did I say the kit would cost $600. I suggest you reread what I said. There is a snare in that picture as well. My point was that glass glitter wrap is expensive and should not be considered a lesser quality than other reference finishes.
                    Drumming since 1961.
                    Many Paiste Cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by quicksticks View Post
                      Wait a Scond...
                      $600 for 8,10,12,14,22 (no snare)?! where may i ask did you see such Price for used Reference Kit?
                      I said the wrap for a kit like the one in the first picture would cost $600. No where did I say the kit would cost $600. I suggest you reread what I said. There is a snare in that picture as well. My point was that glass glitter wrap is expensive and should not be considered a lesser quality than other reference finishes.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Man! misunderstood you!
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X