Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference badge Incorrect?!

Hi guys
    Yesterday I went to pearl dealer just to check what's new?! Anyway, I started to play on a 4 piece Reference Kit in "Purple Craze" finish. 10, 12, 16 22X18 setup
    As I remembered this finish was one of the first introduced with the reference series. But surprisingly the badge showed the "pure" mark. It was even more surprise for me because the lugs on the drums where as should be on a "Reference" thus, not a tube lugs, like in the "pure" Series
    Can anybody tell me how it's possible? Or at least if somebody saw this elsewhere?
    Thanks

Need photos to help us out

Comment

Yep back to the store you go... incognito.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
      8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
      Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if the wrong badges were applied to a drum. Remember someone on the forum had a signature snare with the wrong signature badge on the drum?

Comment

Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
          It wouldn't surprise me if the wrong badges were applied to a drum. Remember someone on the forum had a signature snare with the wrong signature badge on the drum?
          Don't you think that it's to much effort for someone to change the badges on all 4 drums?! why doing it, for what reasom exactlly?
          Off coarse i will go back and try to take some pictures. but any way, is it possible that at some point PEARL manufactured for a short peroid of time the "PURE" series with the Lugs of regular "Reference" series?

Comment

Originally posted by sdrum177 View Post
            is it possible that at some point PEARL manufactured for a short peroid of time the "PURE" series with the Lugs of regular "Reference" series?
            They never did on purpose. That's why we need pictures -- the shell difference is obvious between the two in that one's very thick compared to the other.

Comment

And note which hoops this kit has...

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
              8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
              Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

Could have been a simple slip on the assembly line. Simple as that. Grab pics and talk to the guys at the counter and tell them it should be fixed.
                Emerald Fade / Black Hardware BRP - 24x18, 12x9, 16x16, 18x16
                Orange Satin Swirl EXR - 24x18, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16

Masterworks/Reference 14x6 - OCDP 13x7 - J.J. 13x6.5

TAMA RoadPro Tom Stand FOR SALE.. PM ME!

Comment

The ref pures have three holes drilled per lug, the reg refs have two.
                  Drumming since 1961.
                  Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
                  Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
                  Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

Comment

Hi,

It would be highly unlikely for someone to switch the badges because it would be hard to get the other badges (unless it happened at the factory, which is even more unlikely). Are you sure you didn't mistake the "Reference" badges for "Reference Pure" when you looked at them?

MM
                    2021 Masterworks / Matte Black Mist

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6.5x13 SD, 10x12 FSD

2022 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / Bright Champagne Halo

16x16 KD (verticle), 5x10 SD, 5x8 TT, 5x12 TT

Comment

Soooo.... any photographs?

Comment

Working...
                      X