Ordered my Reference in Emerald Mist with black hardware on Friday:

24x18
    18x16
    16x16
    14x11
    12x9
    14x6.5

No ETA yet.

Now I guess I need to learn to play. I've been playing a Cobalt Fade ELX for 9 years, but never "learned" how to play.

That's a big kit! haha Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ELXnashville View Post
      Ordered my Reference in Emerald Mist with black hardware on Friday:

24x18
      18x16
      16x16
      14x11
      12x9
      14x6.5

No ETA yet.

Now I guess I need to learn to play. I've been playing a Cobalt Fade ELX for 9 years, but never "learned" how to play.
      Huge kit! Al Percival will be impressed.
      Pearl Reference Drums - Sabian - Evans - Vater

22x20x2 18x16 16x16 13x9 12x8 14x6.5

sigpic

Comment

Great kit, seems there's a Ref run at the moment!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
        8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
        Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

Nice sizes. Sounds like it will be fun to play.

Comment

Nice! In general, I like smaller sizes, but my experience with Reference drums is that big is the way to go. How do you plan to set it up?
            I have lots of drums...

Comment

Originally posted by ADman2B View Post
              Nice! In general, I like smaller sizes, but my experience with Reference drums is that big is the way to go. How do you plan to set it up?
              2 up, 2 down. The 12 and 14 will both be to my left of the bass drum. ...basically like my ELX was before I got the 18"ft:
              Attached Files

Comment

...But because my 2-up will be so big, I might have to raise the 12 up like the current setup:

That's 10, 12, 14, 16, before I got the 18 set in place (and I was still messing with cymbal stands/placement...got all that worked out now.). The larger toms up top challenge my hihat placement, so I had to make them descending. .

Click image for larger version

Name:	20131202_180529.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	5177823

Comment

This is exciting - I can't wait to see them when they arrive! Congratulations!

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
                  6x7 | 6x7 | 8x7 | 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 18x14G | 20x14G | 20x16 | 22x18
                  Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
                  Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
                  Tama Octobans

Comment

...hmm.

Starting to wonder if the 20 ply snare was a mistake. Not sure I'm going to like the higher tone. Guess I overlooked that and only paid attention to the reduced resonance characteristic.

Thinking maybe I should cancel the snare and go for something else. With my taste in music, it sojnds lkke the Supraphonic would be the logical choice for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ELXnashville View Post
                      ...hmm. Starting to wonder if the 20 ply snare was a mistake. Not sure I'm going to like the higher tone. Guess I overlooked that and only paid attention to the reduced resonance characteristic. Thinking maybe I should cancel the snare and go for something else. With my taste in music, it sojnds lkke the Supraphonic would be the logical choice for me.
                      No way! The Reference snare is an amazing drum. Don't mistake crack for high pitch. They are 2 different things. These snares have a lot of bottom. Especially the 14x6.5
                      Pearl Reference Drums - Sabian - Evans - Vater

22x20x2 18x16 16x16 13x9 12x8 14x6.5

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Ray View Post
                        No way! The Reference snare is an amazing drum. Don't mistake crack for high pitch. They are 2 different things. These snares have a lot of bottom. Especially the 14x6.5
                        I agree. It'll get deep if you need it too
                        Emerald Fade / Black Hardware BRP - 24x18, 12x9, 16x16, 18x16
                        Orange Satin Swirl EXR - 24x18, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16

Masterworks/Reference 14x6 - OCDP 13x7 - J.J. 13x6.5

TAMA RoadPro Tom Stand FOR SALE.. PM ME!

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Congrats. You're going to love them!
                            Reference Pure #377 Scarlet Sparkle Burst Sold....onto the next. :D
                            22x18, 10x8, 12x9, 16x16, 14x6½
                            14" A Custom Mastersound, 16" K Custom Fast, 10" HHX Evolution, 10" HHX, 20" K Custom, 17" K Custom Fast, 11" Oriental Trash, 19" Paragon

Comment

New drums is getting me excited. I practiced my first rudiments tonight. After 10 years of playing covers and recording originals, I've discovered new muscles in my forearms.

I started with single, 4, and 3 stroke rolls at 120. The hardest part is playing them properly, hence the newly discovered muscles.

Comment

Working...
                              X