No announcement yet.

Multiple broken lugs on my Reference Snare :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having just one person in the Taiwan facility who speaks English seems grossly inadequate for a company that does a lot of business with English speaking countries. Our universities and the military are constantly cranking out poeople skilled in English and Taiwanese, and English and Japanese. It seems like Pearl’s methods of dealing with some situations is like the game of telephone, where people keep whispering the same story in someone’s ear. Inevitably, the person at the end of the line has a different story than the original. I think that a lot of Masterworks problems could be avoided if the consumer had direct communication with Taiwan.
    As for replacement Reference lugs, this should be a part that is readily available as there is a known defect in the originals. It’s not like France is a third world country. In Pearl’s defense, they are probably still the best for customer service.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

Comment

• Originally posted by quicksticks View Post
      I think that a lot of Masterworks problems could be avoided if the consumer had direct communication with Taiwan.
      Or if they came up with pre-made Masterworks drum configurations, then they could side-step the whole communication issue... wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuelFR View Post
        Update, I had to buy the broken lugs replacement and order these new in Spain because rare in France, rrr it's only because it's my best snare !
        Well, if it is any consolation, Spain should be lovely this time of year. Go have yourself a nice little "adventure"...

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
          Or if they came up with pre-made Masterworks drum configurations, then they could side-step the whole communication issue... wait...
          Lol.
          Pearl pics the shells and hardware and you pick the finish=totally custom drums.
          Drumming since 1961.
          Many Paiste Cymbals

Comment

• Originally posted by quicksticks View Post
            Lol.
            Pearl pics the shells and hardware and you pick the finish=totally custom drums.
            I thought you could design the shells the way you want them.
            dalewmiller.com my kits: 1 2 3

GMS | Paiste|Evans|Kennedy Camden Auxiliary Percussion

Comment

• Originally posted by dale w miller View Post
              I thought you could design the shells the way you want them.
              You still can. We were referring to the Masterworks five sonic select kits where Pearl has pre selected the shells and hardware and the customer selects the finish.
              Drumming since 1961.
              Many Paiste Cymbals

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
                Did you get all new lugs, or replacements for the ones that broke?
                I've order brand new lugs, 10 new to replace the potentially defective lugs, quite expensive by the way 28€ each lugs, but it has to be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuelFR View Post
                  I've order brand new lugs, 10 new to replace the potentially defective lugs, quite expensive by the way 28€ each lugs, but it has to be done.
                  Drum hardware is very expensive, and BRL lugs are at the top of the list of expensive parts Pearl has to offer.

Comment

• [QUOTE=invertalon;1853299529]Ok, so I bought a new head for my reference snare the other day and was putting it on today. I notice that two of my lugs have cracked, and a few others have weird warping/pre-cracking to them, all in the same spot.

I have had this snare for a few years now and it has never left my basement or my hands for that matter. I tune it the same I always have which is tight, but not to the point of choking the drum at all. It has NEVER been dropped, bumped, or abused.

When changing the head I was shocked beyond belief. I find it hard to imagine even if I was using a drill to tighten this drum that the metal would fatigue and crack. Especially on a drum of this quality.

I don't know what to do and I am really upset right now. I have been playing drums for many years now and have always taken utmost care of my stuff. To see this happen to my "baby" just really sucks.

I will try contacting Pearl but I really don't know what will happen. What would replacement lugs cost? I doubt they are ANYTHING but cheap.

Pearl replaced the strainer on my snare a few tears ago. I'll bet they'll cover you on this one.
                    PEARL Reference Series in Red Glass: 24 x 18 Kicks (2) / 14 x 6.5 wood Snare / 12 x 9, 13 x 10, 14 x 11, 15 x 12 Rack Toms / 16 x 16 & 18 x 16 Floor Toms
                    15 cymbals Zildjian and Sabian / Pearl and Tama hardware.

sigpic

Comment

• i'm 100% convinced that pearl will cover you up .not even a question.pearl provides the best CS ,it's proverbial.
                      sigpicRUSH FOREVER RUSH
                      tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
                      sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

Comment

• I have the exact same thing happening with my snare and need replacement parts. Can you help?
                        Reference 10,12,14,16,22 Shimmer Of OZ
                        Reference Steel Snare 6.5x14
                        Paiste Sound Edge HH, Rude crash/ride
                        Roland TD-10

sigpic

Comment

• Paging Doctor Al!

Comment

• Originally posted by Feenix View Post
                            Paging Doctor Al!
                            PM sent to ggaites (Cycledoctor).
                            sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

• Originally posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
                              PM sent to ggaites (Cycledoctor).
                              All taken care of.

I'm sure he'll report when the new lugs arrive!
                              sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Working...
                              X