Ref Snare - Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ref Snare - Wires

anyone know if the the standard wires are any good?
    Play what you mean and mean what you play; there is always something to learn.

I've had the Ref snare (14x6.5 wood) for around two years and have only had a single snare wire break on me (not a big deal); however, there have been members on this forum who said that theirs have broke almost immediately. My guess is that they were tightening the crap out of them, but they claim they weren't.

In regards to sound, I think they sound fine, but I have also tried wires by Puresound on my other snares with great results. Keep in mind snare sound is subjective. For the most part, I don't immediately swap out snare wires upon getting a new drum. My snares have always sounded great with the heads and tuning that I llike.
    For sale!:
    13" Zildjian A Mastersound top/New Beat bot HH's
    12" Zildjian Z splash
    PM me for pricing!

Pearl Ref (SF) 8x7 10x8 12x9 14x11 16x13 22x20

Snares, Tama Artstar II Limited kit, Yamaha/Roland kit

Comment

i use pearl snares only lol

SKB|Remo|KickPort|Pearl|Zildjian|Vater|LP
      Masterworks Snare, 8X14ff 20 ply!
      Masters Premium BRP
      VP Snare
      Zildjian

Comment

Originally posted by veggyboy
        I've had the Ref snare (14x6.5 wood) for around two years and have only had a single snare wire break on me (not a big deal); however, there have been members on this forum who said that theirs have broke almost immediately. My guess is that they were tightening the crap out of them, but they claim they weren't.....

I've also been playing the Ref snare (14x6.5 wood) for about 2.5 years with the stock wires and had a single snare wire break about six months ago. I was concerned because I've never broken a wire on any snare in 35 years of playing and I definitely don't "tighten the crap" out of the wires. I sent Al Percival a note and Pearl immediately replaced the wires. I asked for the stock graduated tension wires because I love the sound. I'm crossing my fingers that the problem doesn't reoccur. However, Pearl's customer service is the best in the industry, IMO so I'm not concerned about a future issue with the wires.

Comment

Working...
        X