short toms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short toms?

as much as I love the whole reference concept and looks, there seems to be one problem: the toms.

A lot of companies already have the short toms (eg, 8x14, 7x12, 6x8) and I am thinking of geting a tama or DW kit or something if i can't get the short toms on a reference. I know you can get them on the masterworks, but I was wondering if you could special order them or something from pearl. If not, can Pearl make them avaliable for next year?
    :mad:**$iTroll**$:mad:

The shortest you can get on a Reference is a 7x8, 7x10, and 8x12. Really no use to go any shorter, and the difference in 1 inch is not that big a deal anyway. The Reference kit would be of much better quality than the other 2 mentioned. Pearl's customer service is also 10 times better than the other 2 combined.
    Pearl Reference Drums - Sabian - Evans - Vater

22x20x2 18x16 16x16 13x9 12x8 14x6.5

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MW_drummer
      The shortest you can get on a Reference is a 7x8, 7x10, and 8x12. Really no use to go any shorter, and the difference in 1 inch is not that big a deal anyway. The Reference kit would be of much better quality than the other 2 mentioned. Pearl's customer service is also 10 times better than the other 2 combined.

you forgot to mention that pearl makes the best hardware, and that would be helpful when using the tom mounts.

Anyways, that helps. I think i'll order an 8x12 tomtom.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur drummer
        you forgot to mention that pearl makes the best hardware, and that would be helpful when using the tom mounts.

Anyways, that helps. I think i'll order an 8x12 tomtom.
        I promise you will not be dissapointed with any Pearl kit, but especially a Reference. Amazing drums. Here is a link to the 2008 Reference price guide. Pick out the individual drums you like, add them up and then deduct 50% of that cost. That is what you pay at www.massmusic.net

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=196926

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MW_drummer
          I promise you will not be dissapointed with any Pearl kit, but especially a Reference. Amazing drums. Here is a link to the 2008 Reference price guide. Pick out the individual drums you like, add them up and then deduct 50% of that cost. That is what you pay at www.massmusic.net

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=196926

$3380.

I'd still rather get it from Long and Mcquade though, because those guys have helped me out a lot, and it would still be about the same price.

my sizes will be:

22 x 18 bass

12 x 8 tomtom

14 x 14 floor tom

16 x 16 floor tom

5 x 14 snare.

It's gonna sound great. Still no fair that I'll have to wait 1-2 years before I have the money to buy it lol. guess I get what I pay for though eh?

Comment

If you order through Mass Music they will let you put half down and make payments to pay it off. They do that because it takes a while to get those kits in.

Nice specs!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X