• Show
Clear All

Great news!
    2021 Masterworks / Matte Black Mist

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6.5x13 SD, 10x12 FSD

2022 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / Bright Champagne Halo

16x16 KD (verticle), 5x10 SD, 5x8 TT, 5x12 TT

Comment

That is a bummer that the finish was compromised. Beautiful drums. My new kit (not Pearl), had been collecting a lot of dust. It IS winter and I am running the heat pretty religiously. But it almost seems like a dust magnet. I may do the same thing and simply take apart and polish them.

Can't wait to see the new cans!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
        That is a bummer that the finish was compromised. Beautiful drums. My new kit (not Pearl), had been collecting a lot of dust. It IS winter and I am running the heat pretty religiously. But it almost seems like a dust magnet. I may do the same thing and simply take apart and polish them.

The easiest way to keep your drums clean is a feather duster. It gets in to all the tight spots easily and you can clean them off in 20 seconds. Super easy. But removing all the hardware, cleaning and polishing the shells and all the hardware, then reassembling makes sure everything will be spotless and smooth as glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_D View Post
          The easiest way to keep your drums clean is a feather duster. It gets in to all the tight spots easily and you can clean them off in 20 seconds. Super easy. But removing all the hardware, cleaning and polishing the shells and all the hardware, then reassembling makes sure everything will be spotless and smooth as glass.
          I actually have these microfiber car wash gloves? Been using those and a T. But thanks! Yes, the little spaces behind the lugs etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_D View Post
            Swiffer for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post

Old Dog,

I know what you mean. I always keep mine covered when I'm not playing them.
              2021 Masterworks / Matte Black Mist

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6.5x13 SD, 10x12 FSD

2022 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / Bright Champagne Halo

16x16 KD (verticle), 5x10 SD, 5x8 TT, 5x12 TT

Comment

Originally posted by MusicMan View Post
                Old Dog,

I know what you mean. I always keep mine covered when I'm not playing them.
                Yes, definitely. Suckers look like Lebron attacked them with talc I wipe them down daily.

Comment

Same problems here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gpt View Post
                    Same problems here too.
                    Glenn - If you purchased NIB from an authorized Pearl dealer and do not reside in the U.S., please contact your Pearl authorized dealer POP (point of purchase) and they should look into it for you.
                    sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

my head is spinning about this ''problem'''.is it a chemical reaction resulting into the daily ''creation''' of dust on the surface of the drum ,or is it a simple static phenom,like the dust in the air sticking to the finish via static power?

the sealer used to protect the paint add a outer layer resembling plastic, which is static conductor.
                      sigpicRUSH FOREVER RUSH
                      tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
                      sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

Comment

I'm really not sure what the deal was with this film/haze and how it was developing on my Ref. Pure, but Al and Pearl took care of me and fixed the issue. In any case I now have a Music City Custom kit in white marine Pearl and it's beautiful.

Comment

So I mentioned above, my ddrum kit was having a dust/film problem since purchasing in December. After posting above, I started doing some searching--purchased this stuff https://www.amazon.com/Music-Nomad-M...gateway&sr=8-2

My snare drum has been sitting, uncovered, near a heat register, not a lick of dust since buying this cleaner/polish.

I don't think we have the same problem. And I've not owned my kit for near as long as you've owned the one in question. But, at $10, I'd give it a try. Won't hurt. Good luck

Comment

Well, Good Discussion guys!
                            Today I want to deliver that information which helps me in my tough time.
                            I want to help you guys when you want dual residency due to any reason like business or College for studies.
                            Ask me if you want this helpful information.

Comment

So, that's how this is ending up. The MCC kit will get built when they get my old shells back, which will happen probably next week some time. So I should have the new kit some time in the first couple weeks of March based on their 2 week lead time and shipping times, etc.[/QUOTE]
                              Now that’s what I call great customer service.

Comment

Working...
                              X