Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on my drum sizes before i order.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    im sorry ,but i find that kit ,less than awesome ....but hey , kudos, for bringing back the tame rockstar lugs ...lolhttps://www.pearldrummersforum.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif
    Did Tama use beavertail lugs? C&C designed their lugs to be a modern Art Deco throwback to the old Beavertail style.

https://instagram.com/p/mNpkLay9qD/
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MitchLyons View Post
      This looks cheap to you?
      It would look like you borrowed your Grandfathers kit for the night. I get it. It is just another trend going around. Old is new again. I like it much better than their long single lug, long tension rod kits. Buy what you like, and don't worry about what others think about it.

Comment

I have the old school, four piece kit in my drum room. This is actually the real deal. 1940's Leedy kit. It has a cool vibe because it is actually old, not just pretending to be.

Comment

Originally posted by sticks4drums View Post
          I have the old school, four piece kit in my drum room. This is actually the real deal. 1940's Leedy kit. It has a cool vibe because it is actually old, not just pretending to be.
          God forbid someone wants a modern kit with a vintage vibe, burn them all!
          Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

I love the short toms, and I also love the idea of them being the same depth. I had a set of 8", 10", 12" toms, that were all 8" deep, and they looked great, and sounded fantastic. I have owned and played many 22" bass drums, and I think 18" is plenty deep. They sound powerful, and are easier to transport then a 20" deep drum. I have also played 22" x 16", and 22" x 14", and they also sound great.
            Mapex Saturn: 8 , 10 , 12, 14, 16, 22 B 14 & 13 S
            Mapex Saturn V: 10, 12, 16, 22 B
            Drumcraft Series 8 Maple: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 20, B, & 14, 13, 12, & 10 S
            Drumcraft Series 7 Birch: 8, 10, 12, 14,16, (2) 22 B, & 14 S
            Yamaha Stage Custom: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22 B

Comment

Originally posted by korch View Post
              I love the short toms, and I also love the idea of them being the same depth. I had a set of 8", 10", 12" toms, that were all 8" deep, and they looked great, and sounded fantastic. I have owned and played many 22" bass drums, and I think 18" is plenty deep. They sound powerful, and are easier to transport then a 20" deep drum. I have also played 22" x 16", and 22" x 14", and they also sound great.
              Im wrapped with the amount of responses and opions im getting on this one! Keep it up! its good to see where every one is at!

Comment

I'm getting curious as to what color your thinking of getting.
                Do you have the option of getting black or nickle hardware.
                Last edited by redma61; 11-02-2016, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Sentiment View Post
                  Fixed. :-) just kidding! ♡
                  lol! I just saw this years later, I do want a reference pure kit too...... I just hate the lead time

Comment

Originally posted by CUZNRED View Post
                    lol! I just saw this years later, I do want a reference pure kit too...... I just hate the lead time
                    Mine are for sale: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...ommy_D-s-Drums

Comment

Love the matching depth rack toms but I’d go with 8”, big fan of non-square floor toms, but I’d go with a 22x16 kick personally. Deep kicks look weird to me and don’t sound as good to me, personally. What finish are you going for?
                      Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

Originally posted by dale w miller View Post
                        Stay away from that deep of a kick drum. The immediate reason to thank me is simply how much easier it is to transport. I suggest a 16" depth for both tone and convenience.
                        22x16 is my favorite size too!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drouyn View Post
                          Hi all!!! Been a while since i wrote a post. Just chasing any opinions on my potential ref pure order.
                          Heres what im thinking.
                          10x7 RT
                          12x7 RT
                          14x12FT
                          16x14FT
                          22x20K
                          13x5.5 Snare

Im curious to know what every one thinks of have 2 matched depth rack toms. I mean ive seen a couple of pics getting around and it looks great but does it sound ok? And are there any negatives? I preference the shallow toms cause im a short *** and like the toms alittle lower with out too much angle.

also whats ever ones thoughts on the 22x20 kick. Ive all ways been a fan of massive kick drums but recently i played a MHX 22x14kick and was so impressed by the depth and tone it wasnt funny!

Let me know what yous all reakon!!! Cheers!
                          My only suggestion would be that, if you plan to sell or upgrade the kit in the future, then I would change the 12x7 to 12x8 and the 22x20 to a 22x18.

The 22x20 and the 12x7 are not very popular (which is why most shell packs don't contain them) so you'd have a hard time selling it later. Many people won't by a kit if it has a particular drum that is an odd size. The 13x5.5 snare drum is also not very popular, but you can always resell a kit without a snare drum.

Of course, if that is not any of your concern, then get what you want.

MM
                          2021 Masterworks / Matte Black Mist

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6.5x13 SD, 10x12 FSD

2022 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / Bright Champagne Halo

16x16 KD (verticle), 5x10 SD, 5x8 TT, 5x12 TT

Comment

Did he order this kit?
                            Pearl Reference Drums - Sabian - Evans - Vater

22x20x2 18x16 16x16 13x9 12x8 14x6.5

sigpic

Comment

i dunno
                              im planning on extra shallow toms ...but im still gonna running 20 deep kicks ..im a short guy ..used to 24 inch basses, and i love deep and muddy ..lol but i realize shorter toms are a lot better for me . however , i still see no issue with deeper or bigger kicks..lol

Comment

Working...
                              X