I can't believe it!! I am kind of shocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Action Jackson View Post
    MH X! I absolutely love those drums. I used to own one in 2004 and played it until 2007 when I had to sell it, I'm still sick over that one.
    Now that you own both kits you can do a review on both of them and tell us what you think.
    I have stated many times here that the MHX's are the best sounding drums Pearl has ever made.
    sigpic
    DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

Comment

Originally posted by Big King View Post
      I have stated many times here that the MHX's are the best sounding drums Pearl has ever made.
      I wonder if it's the thin shell, the mahogany, or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
        I wonder if it's the thin shell, the mahogany, or both?
        I think it's both. Matt, check your snare thread. I left you a comment about that snare i got from you.
        sigpic

Comment

ok so I am just gonna throw it out there.....

WHAT A RIDICULOUS BARGAIN. was he aware of the true value of them or was it a case of a guy having too much money therefore just wanted to get rid of it
          "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
          Buddy Rich

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ocdrums View Post
            ok so I am just gonna throw it out there.....

WHAT A RIDICULOUS BARGAIN. was he aware of the true value of them or was it a case of a guy having too much money therefore just wanted to get rid of it
            Not sure. I all I know is, that these were used in a Nashville studio for some session work, then they sold them. Since I got these, I have seen a few sets of reference pures ob eBay go for $1500-1800 range. But none had a 18" floor tom. Most were 4 piece shell packs.
            sigpic

Comment

Big King,

Those drums have been on eBay for quite a while. I'm glad you were able to find them a home at a great price!

MM
              2021 Masterworks / Matte Black Mist

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6.5x13 SD, 10x12 FSD

2022 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / Bright Champagne Halo

16x16 KD (verticle), 5x10 SD, 5x8 TT, 5x12 TT

Comment

Originally posted by MusicMan View Post
                Big King,

Those drums have been on eBay for quite a while. I'm glad you were able to find them a home at a great price!

MM
                Well, they are now in my friends studio sounding fantastic!!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm with you on this one BK!

They are

I think it's both.
                  And it is
                  sigpic
                  PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
                  22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
                  PICSPICS 2
                  “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
                  Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

Comment

Originally posted by Thrush View Post
                    I'm with you on this one BK!
                    They are
                    And it is
                    The MHX's sound amazing, but there is something about the reference pures... They really sound great in the studio. I told my friend who has the studio where they are set up that I was thinking of flipping the reference pures for something else, and he said "NOOO!!!! NEVER SELL THOSE!!!! THEY SOUND TOO GOOD TO SELL" He says the ref pures record better than my MHX's.
                    sigpic

Comment

One day I might be lucky enough to have a set of MHX's. I had the opportunity to buy a five piece she'll pack many years ago (22,10,12,14,16, no snare) but passed on it as I thought getting a matching kick and an 18" floor tom would be too hard. Still regret that decision!
                      sigpic
                      PICSPICS 2
                      “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”

Comment

Originally posted by Thrush View Post
                        One day I might be lucky enough to have a set of MHX's. I had the opportunity to buy a five piece she'll pack many years ago (22,10,12,14,16, no snare) but passed on it as I thought getting a matching kick and an 18" floor tom would be too hard. Still regret that decision!
                        I've seen some shell packs on ebay and the internet for not that much. $1200-$1500 or so. They really do sound fantastic.
                        sigpic

Comment

Much less prominent here in the UK than North America unfortunately, but maybe one day when I have more space I'll own a set. Beautiful sounding drums - I hold them right up there with my CZX as my favourite line Pearl produced
                          sigpic
                          PICSPICS 2

Comment

Working...
                          X