Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe it!! I am kind of shocked

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I can't believe it!! I am kind of shocked

    Well... luck has smiled upon me. I still can't believe this just happened. But... I just landed a used Pearl Reference Pure kit from eBay for $1600! It had a "or best offer" feature and they accepted my offer of $1600. The add said it was used in some nashville recording sessions and is virtually brand new. I was in the market for a gig kit and was cruising around eBay looking for Pearl Session studio kits and now suddenly I will be receiving this kit in about a week. I am kind of excited!!

    I have only limited info, but here are the specs I know of.
    5-pc *Red Metallic* Shell Sizes: 12", 13", 16", 18", 22"

    Here are 2 pictures. I will post more when they are delivered.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	RP_01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	5290884
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RP_02.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	5290885
    sigpic
    DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

  • #2
    Killer deal, and a quality gig kit!

    Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

    Originally posted by Mike Foreman
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

    Comment


    • #3
      Awesome!!!!! Great finish too.

      Comment


      • #4
        Awesome deal! Reference Pure kits are in a league of their own! Enjoy! Cant wait to see this one set up!

        Comment


        • #5
          So, this kit comes with a 18x18 floor tom. I think there is a way to convert it into a bass drum. Or am I just dreaming?
          sigpic
          DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

          Comment


          • #6
            What did this cost new?
            dalewmiller.com my kits: 1 2 3

            GMS | Paiste|Evans|Kennedy Camden Auxiliary Percussion

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Big King View Post
              So, this kit comes with a 18x18 floor tom. I think there is a way to convert it into a bass drum. Or am I just dreaming?
              No, you're not. This from Dunnett would work great for that.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	dunnett-01d.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	5190653
              dalewmiller.com my kits: 1 2 3

              GMS | Paiste|Evans|Kennedy Camden Auxiliary Percussion

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dale w miller View Post
                What did this cost new?
                If you were to order these drums individually new from www.drumsonsale.com you'd pay $4134.00. I got them for $1600. Seller says they are in mint condition.
                sigpic
                DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

                Comment


                • #9
                  That's a great deal...!
                  Derek Wolfford
                  Marketing Department

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Big King View Post
                    Well... luck has smiled upon me. I still can't believe this just happened. But... I just landed a used Pearl Reference Pure kit from eBay for $1600! It had a "or best offer" feature and they accepted my offer of $1600. The add said it was used in some nashville recording sessions and is virtually brand new. I was in the market for a gig kit and was cruising around eBay looking for Pearl Session studio kits and now suddenly I will be receiving this kit in about a week. I am kind of excited!! I have only limited info, but here are the specs I know of. 5-pc *Red Metallic* Shell Sizes: 12", 13", 16", 18", 22" Here are 2 pictures. I will post more when they are delivered. <img src="https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=481501"/> <img src="https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=481502"/>
                    You're going to be happy with the thin shells. They sound great! Best of luck with them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Big King View Post
                      So, this kit comes with a 18x18 floor tom. I think there is a way to convert it into a bass drum. Or am I just dreaming?
                      Pearl JG-16 Jungle Gig Adapter.

                      Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
                      8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

                      Originally posted by Mike Foreman
                      Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        sweet! might even be a "famous kit" on recordings
                        Jeff Wald – Masterworks Artisan: Red Bubinga Burstwith Gold Hardwaresigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That's an amazing deal and an amazing drum set. You're going to have a good time gigging with that one.
                          sigpicAction Jackson
                          PEARL & PAISTE
                          Drums Cymbals Signiture
                          12x10T 14" Dark Crisp Hats
                          13x11T 17" Full Crash 19" Full Crash
                          16x16FT 20" Giant Beat Multi Functional
                          24x18BD 21" Dry Heavy Ride
                          14x6 TAMA Starphonic B.N. Steel

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Action Jackson View Post
                            That's an amazing deal and an amazing drum set. You're going to have a good time gigging with that one.
                            I haven't used it for gigging yet. It's at the studio for practicing and recording. I've been gigging with part of my MHX set.
                            sigpic
                            DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              MH X! I absolutely love those drums. I used to own one in 2004 and played it until 2007 when I had to sell it, I'm still sick over that one.
                              Now that you own both kits you can do a review on both of them and tell us what you think.
                              sigpicAction Jackson
                              PEARL & PAISTE
                              Drums Cymbals Signiture
                              12x10T 14" Dark Crisp Hats
                              13x11T 17" Full Crash 19" Full Crash
                              16x16FT 20" Giant Beat Multi Functional
                              24x18BD 21" Dry Heavy Ride
                              14x6 TAMA Starphonic B.N. Steel

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X