Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Fantastic Sounding RefPures

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    No problem in the comments here's what he said about his heads and tuning. "Emperor Clear on top of toms and floors, ambassador clear on bottom, powerstroke 3 coated and clear on kick. The tune are medium to high on 8 and 10, medium to low on 12... low on floors. The kick has both heads with medium tension."

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by gbaker
      poccnr... thanks to that video, I just re-headed and tuned my kit with the the stock heads that were shipped with the kit. Bear in mind that when I bought the kit from an individual, they had the crazy-hazy EC2 heads on, so I had no idea what the stock heads sounded like. Until, you sent that link. So, off came the new G2 Clears and on went the Reference heads... I assume they are Remo. I will live with them for a few days. I am about to start a thread on bass drum heads. But... really... thanks. G
      Emperors on top and ambassadors on bottom is a great combination for the ref pure toms.

      Comment


      • #48
        poccnr... that's pretty much the way that I am tuned. right now. thanks. Brian.... thanks for the info on both counts... G

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by gbaker
          poccnr... that's pretty much the way that I am tuned. right now. thanks. Brian.... thanks for the info on both counts... G
          Clear emperors. Clear ambassadors. Also the vintage clear emperors are nice as well

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Symbolic View Post
            Clear G2's make any set sound good! Put them on a killer set of drums and you your smiling everytime you play! I love how they sound on my Reference kit :-)
            Cool, I'm going to try them against my coated G2's.


            Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
            Then you should delete that other thread
            I wondered why my post count receded a little...

            Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
            8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

            Originally posted by Mike Foreman
            Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

            Comment


            • #51
              kiwiref... I guess I was concerned that I'd expressed something out of the bounds of PDF etiquette when D4L posted that up... I am new to the forum... So, deleted it, I did. I know now that I should've posted back........ 'uhhhhh., No'. It is funny how you learn about people (and their peccadillos) when you become a part of a community such as this. Aside, there've been some decent, experienced, informed and well meaning forum members who've helped me think through my transition to the Pearl Reference Pures.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by gbaker View Post
                kiwiref... I guess I was concerned that I'd expressed something out of the bounds of PDF etiquette when D4L posted that up... I am new to the forum... So, deleted it, I did. I know now that I should've posted back........ 'uhhhhh., No'. It is funny how you learn about people (and their peccadillos) when you become a part of a community such as this. Aside, there've been some decent, experienced, informed and well meaning forum members who've helped me think through my transition to the Pearl Reference Pures.
                Yes I've learned more about drumming and drums here than from anyone else in person. Being self taught the input of this community has been invaluable. Glad we are both a part of it!

                Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
                8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

                Originally posted by Mike Foreman
                Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I agree.... thank you.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by gbaker View Post
                    kiwiref... I guess I was concerned that I'd expressed something out of the bounds of PDF etiquette when D4L posted that up... I am new to the forum... So, deleted it, I did. I know now that I should've posted back........ 'uhhhhh., No'. It is funny how you learn about people (and their peccadillos) when you become a part of a community such as this. Aside, there've been some decent, experienced, informed and well meaning forum members who've helped me think through my transition to the Pearl Reference Pures.
                    Of course you could've opted to leave the negative thread up. It didn't bother me in the least. I was suggesting it for your sake, as I was embarrassed for you.
                    Last edited by ; 03-18-2013, 12:16 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I didn't consider it negative, nor was I embarrassed. If you'd read any of my posts, it was something that was evolving and I was asking for input. And, I am new to the forum.... 'Negative and embarrassing'... as opposed to the self-grandising threads that I've seen that you've authored. Really????? How sad.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by gbaker View Post
                        I didn't consider it negative, nor was I embarrassed. If you'd read any of my posts, it was something that was evolving and I was asking for input. And, I am new to the forum.... 'Negative and embarrassing'... as opposed to the self-grandising threads that I've seen that you've authored. Really????? How sad.
                        Agreed. Just joined. Read thru a lot of this. Seems like if you say anything remotely negative about drumming for life, he gets upset and cries

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by gbaker View Post
                          I didn't consider it negative, nor was I embarrassed. If you'd read any of my posts, it was something that was evolving and I was asking for input. And, I am new to the forum.... 'Negative and embarrassing'... as opposed to the self-grandising threads that I've seen that you've authored. Really????? How sad.
                          I would rather be in a actual band over making you tube videos.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I just want to learn as much about the instrument that I am playing, as I can. The PDF members helped shorten the process. I play in a couple of bands and, for me, it is not about the bread. JUST LOVE DRUMS... and want to stay home and play them all day... and then go some place and play them all night.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X