Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reference Pure vs. Reference Review: What's the difference?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Action Jackson View Post
    A man that's cool, the reason I asked is because I really loved that MHX kit and sense the RFP is also a thin shell, I'm hoping they would sound similar to the MHX kit.
    Are there any A/B clips out there. I was really interested to hear about OP's comments on the 16 inch floor tom. My reference 14 and 16 floors are pretty much my favorite floor toms ever, of all the drums in the original reference kit those are the ones they just nailed.

Comment

Thanks for the review.

As former Reference owner, I decided to go with the Reference Pure this go around and your review just reassured me that I made the right purchase. Can't wait to get these drums!
      Reference Pure #377 Scarlet Sparkle Burst Sold....onto the next. :D
      22x18, 10x8, 12x9, 16x16, 14x6½
      14" A Custom Mastersound, 16" K Custom Fast, 10" HHX Evolution, 10" HHX, 20" K Custom, 17" K Custom Fast, 11" Oriental Trash, 19" Paragon

Comment

I just came back to this thread for the first time in years. I'm honored and surprised they made it "sticky."

It's been nearly 4 years since I made that first review post. And today, I'm still convinced there are no better drums to be found at any price. I've looked around. I've tried to find something better. With Pure, Pearl came up with a great design and a great product!
        FlashBazbo

Comment

Great thread! Can one order Refs with fat tone hoops?
          K3ith R

Pearl MCX/280 - 8x7,10x8,12x9, 13x9, 14x14,16x16,18x22
          Zildjian As, Ks, / Vic Firth 5A, Vater Mike Johnston model

Comment

Amazing review. I just ordered a standard Refernce set in Burnt Orange Abalone and can't wait to get it. It wil take 4 more motnhs to arrive. I couldn't decide between those two but I'm a hard hitter, so I chose the standard set.

Comment

Originally posted by Chriswas View Post
              Amazing review. I just ordered a standard Refernce set in Burnt Orange Abalone and can't wait to get it. It wil take 4 more motnhs to arrive. I couldn't decide between those two but I'm a hard hitter, so I chose the standard set.
              Four months, Darn. I wish the sell them in a red glass or sparkle color.

Comment

Originally posted by NO DRUMS View Post
                Four months, Darn. I wish the sell them in a red glass or sparkle color.
                We do color 407 Red Glass + six other sparkle finishes.
                sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

I seen a green, yellow and a pinkish looking color

Comment

Originally posted by NO DRUMS View Post
                    I seen a green, yellow and a pinkish looking color
                    We have lots of sparkle finishes for Reference / Reference pure and Masters Maple Reserve (MRV) in the Music City Custom series.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Working...
                    X