To Gene Okamoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Gene Okamoto

I was wondering if you could please help me. I own a Pearl snare drum that I have had for about 5 years. I have never seen it in any of your catalogs so I'm not sure what the model number is. It's a 5 1/2 X 14" steel drum with 8 lugs per head. The badge on it is oval and reads "Steel Shell" on one side of the vent hole and "Mirror Chrome" on the other side. The throw-off is a side action mechanism with drum-key-operated bolts on both sides. It was fairly low-priced when I bought it new. My problem is that when I was adjusting my snare-wire tension yesterday, when I re-tightened the butt-end to clamp the snare strap in place, the thread on one of the drumkey bolts stripped. When I inspected it closer, I saw that one of the threads had stripped off completely, rendering it impossible to lock the snare strap in place. I was wondering if you could provide me with the model # of my snare and part # for a replacement butt-end strainer. I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and my local dealers are Music Centre Canada and Long & McQuade (where the drum was purchased, though I no longer have the sales receipt). Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

You have a SS-514 14x5.5 steel snare drum that was standard on Export and Export Select from 1998 to Jan - July 2000.

The strainer, complete, is the SR-014N. I'm sorry but the butt side is not sold separately (at least, not in the US).

Comment

Working...
    X