im moving in june...help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im moving in june...help!

im moving in june, and i have no bags or cases for my drums/cymbals. they might have to stay in storage, but not for too long, maybe a few weeks or sumthin not too long. what do i put them in to protect them while they are in storage/moving to the new house? i dont want to spent a few hundred $ on bags, so what do i do???
    Yamaha YD
    Tama Starclassic Birch
    Epiarch custom
    Pearl Maxwin vintage
    Ludwig Supraphonic/Acrolite vintage
    Sabian AAX, HH, HHX, Paragon, HHX Evo, B20
    Zildjian A Custom, Avedis vintage
    Originally posted by DrUmZ_fOr_LyFe
    i dont use the hihat pedal
    im 11

Looking for 16" starclassic birch in walnut

Old Suitcases?
    Hey brother christian with your high and mighty errand,
    Your actions speak so loud, I can’t hear a word you’re saying.

Comment

Cardboard boxes?

Comment

I'm not sure about storage, but my step-dad had to move his set between houses a couple years ago. He just wrapped towels around the drums and put them in cardboard boxes with a section of foam on the top and bottom. It worked really well. Even had one box get dropped by my bonehead uncle, and it didn't hurt the drum. But like I said, I'm not sure if they will store well this way...
        Your friendly neighborhood Guitar Center employee.
        Reject Religion. Embrace Jesus.

Comment

Wrap em up carefully in cardboard boxes. Do it yourself. The more time and effort you put into carefully wraping and padding the drums, the better.

Comment

re storage [cymbals]

try old sleeping bags

Comment

try thick blankets inside of a box,and they should be fine if you make sure that its thick...
              check out surrounded by lions.

Comment

ok i recently moved and what i did was i put all my drums in the back a of my SUV and put towels between the drums and made a seperate trip just for the them. this would work best if your not moving anywhere far away because i moved to a different house that was like 5 minutes away from my old one.

Comment

Working...
                X