Reference snare 6.5 broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference snare 6.5 broken

Very sad day for me.. I have a bunch of gigs coming up and noticed when I was practising a few grooves today my snare sounded out of tune.

Checked the lugs and found this

After looking around a few more need to be replaced as well.

Is there anywhere I can order these from that won't take 6 months? My local dealer says that's the best they can do.

I take such good care of my equipment and I LOVE this snare. It sucks I won't be able to use it for a while.

Originally posted by beyondbetrayal View Post
    Very sad day for me.. I have a bunch of gigs coming up and noticed when I was practising a few grooves today my snare sounded out of tune. Checked the lugs and found this After looking around a few more need to be replaced as well. Is there anywhere I can order these from that won't take 6 months? My local dealer says that's the best they can do. I take such good care of my equipment and I LOVE this snare. It sucks I won't be able to use it for a while.
    That does suck man! Hopefully you can fast track some and get it fixed up quick! Good luck !

Comment

There was a known issue with reference lugs breaking, there was a batch that had a certain code stamped in them. If so, Pearl replaces them for you. I would suggest a PM to Al Percival to verify if these qualify. Hopefully they do! Good luck!

Comment

Thanks. I sent him a PM and will wait.
        I can only hope.. Just had to spend all my money on surgery for my dog.
        Even if they don't cover it, I still need to source some to replace anyways . Cant' have this beauty not in 100% condition.

Comment

I saw this on another Ref snare, I think they'll take care of ya.

Comment

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Sounds like Pearl will take care of you though.

Comment

Scott - please check your PM message and follow instructions. Thank-you.
              sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Al.
                Pearl has the best customer service!

Comment

Glad to see some at Pearl are still working hard to best please customers. Great stuff Al!

Comment

So hard to find these days. I couldn't be happier to be a Pearl drummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Feenix View Post
                      Glad to see some at Pearl are still working hard to best please customers. Great stuff Al!
                      Thanks Feenik!
                      sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Originally posted by LDdrummer View Post
                        There was a known issue with reference lugs breaking, there was a batch that had a certain code stamped in them. If so, Pearl replaces them for you.
                        Yes lugs stamped internally with 1NN or 2NN are good, others not so.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
                        8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
                        Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

Working...
                        X