Another Eliminator problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Eliminator problem...

So for the past few weeks, my Eliminator 2002B has been weird. The Allen screws that secure the beater holder have been loosening, and when they loosen up, it causes play in the pedal. I've usually been tightening it up every couple of weeks, but last night, I tightened it up before my band's set, and by the end of the set, the pedal had a ton of play, and I had to use my friend's pedal for the last song of our set.

I'm not sure what's going on or how to fix it long-term, but I've had a ton of problems with my so I'm really thinking that I should sell them and get something else. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Have you tried any....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Loctite_Family_Threadlocking_285782_print_1772H_1772W.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	5196649
    Pearl Vision VBL in #244 Natural Black Burst: 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 20x18
    14x5.5 Steel Sensitone / 13x3 Brass Piccolo / 14x6.5 Kapur Limited Edition
    Sabian / Remo / Vic Firth

Comment

Is this the Allen screw your referring to? The beater holder that tightens down onto the shaft via the Allen screw?...As stated above.. Try some lock tight. If that doesn't work, a simple replacement of the beater holder or Allen screw would be a cheap and easy fix. Their not expensive and will prolly take 10 mins. To replace. I'd surly try that before I bought a whole new pedal... Unless your just wanting a new one. If you do buy new, fix this one for $3-$10 bucks and keep for a spare... Just my 2 cents.
      Attached Files

Comment

Borrow a little of GF/wife nail polish, put some on the threads of the fastener & reinstall, wait a little while for it to set up and then have at it. Cost almost free unless she catches you fooling around with her polish, lol.
        "I'm an artist, not a scientist."
        Old school Crimson Quartz SZX
        "You are the music while the music lasts." - T. S. Eliot

Comment

Working...
        X