No announcement yet.

Guitar Center no more. Help with parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Center no more. Help with parts.

So over a year ago I picked up a nice Session kit with a 24" bass,16" floor tom,12" tom. Drums are in amazing condition. The only issue is with the SP-30 bass drum spurs. One of them was missing the outer cap and the wing screw. I managed to find a wing screw I had to make it work, but I have to take it all the way out to move the spur. I looked up the parts and went to Guitar Center. Paid my $40 and waited to be told the parts were in. After 6 months I get a call, I go down...not what I ordered. They ordered me wing nuts, and the feet for a floor tom... I've reached out to GC,spoke with the manager, even e-mailed the corporation, all to no avail. As much as I don't wanna be out money, I know I am. At this point GC won't help me in any way. I was wondering what it would cost me to buy direct what I need from Pearl. I've heard nothing but good things, and people swear by this forum and the help you guys give. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ArchxAngel; 11-30-2015, 07:47 AM.
    18 kits and 40+ snares.......Yea I might be addicted to drums.

Check me out at - Facebook.com/JaysDrumShop

Hi there. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Just let it be a lesson learned to never deal with GC, and especially to never special order anything through them. Their reputation is down the tube if you ask me. Why those parts had to be special ordered is beyond me, as I'm sure they're something Pearl regularly stocks.

If you would like to open direct communication with Pearl, send a private message to Al Percival on this forum. He will get you the exact part numbers you need, however you most likely will still need to order through an authorized Pearl dealer, as buying directly from Pearl is not allowed. There are many great dealers out there who will treat you great, and for the parts you're looking for I can't imagine it will cost all that much. And who knows, since it's a hardware issue, Al might be able to just send you what you need directly, however don't be surprised if you're told to go through a dealer.

Some great dealers to inquire with would be Shane at Drum Center of Portsmouth, Chris at Drums on Sale, and Pat at Dale's Drum Shop. Give any one of them a call and they'll hook you up, hassle free. However give Al a shout on here first and see what he can do for you

sigpic

Comment

I recently quit GC after 2.5 years and I have found that it all depends on who you work with at GC...some of them actually know what they are doing, but there are quite a few that don't (I was in the former group). With special orders, if you gave them (GC) the wrong part number, it's on you (not that I think you did)...BUT if you gave them the right one and they messed up, they should reorder....We had special order issue recently with a vendor sending the wrong Djembe head, TWICE. They are still working on getting it sorted out, because we (GC and the customer) did everything right, and the vendor messed up...not going to punish the customer for something they have no control over.

That being said, the cool thing about Pearl is you can usually contact them direct and get most things resolved, and since you are a member of the PDF, a quick PM to Al is usually all that's needed (within reason, of course).
      sigpic

Comment

Sent a PM Al's way and he is taking care of me. Thank you guys for the replies and assistance.
        18 kits and 40+ snares.......Yea I might be addicted to drums.

Check me out at - Facebook.com/JaysDrumShop

Comment

Working...
        X