Demon drive beater holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demon drive beater holder

Hi there fellow drummers, I wouldn't be writing this thread if there was a decent Pearl dealer in my area (at least I couldnt find one) so I hope I'll get my answer here.

I bought my Demon drive when it came out, maybe a few months later and everything was fine except one thing that I wasn't unsure wether it should be that way or not. It was about the beater holder; everytime I'd tighten it I'd feel strange about it, sometimes it felt hard and sometimes it would just make the whole beater turn out of position so I'd have to reposition it again. Few months back I went on a little tour with my band in America (I'm from Europe, Croatia to be exact) and stopped by the Memphis drum shop to see if the problem can be fixed. Guys there had a spare screw for the beater holder and told me to watch out how I tighten it next time. I never tought that I overtightened the bold or something like that, infact I even tried it out everytime to see if the beater is moving. Anyway it's been few months since I bought that spare screw but now my whole beater holder went down south. I was having problems with both of the holders but eventually the "main" holder sufferd first. I'm doing everything now to make at least a functional single pedal but I'll have to do something about it really fast because I have a few bigger gigs I need to attend to with my double pedal. Here is the pic of it. Key is positioned on that screw that I cant pull out (it stuck). And that is slowly beginning to happen on the other holder.

Please guys if you know anything/have any advice on what should I do, feel free to speak out. The shop that sold me the pedal closed a year back and I dont know what to do. I was thinking of seeking help from a mechanic/turner but decided to wait and see what drummer have to say.

Thank you so much.
    Attached Files

You may need to contact Pearl Europe to enquire if you have any warranty cover, otherwise you may be able to order that part from a Pearl dealer: DC-717ULA Beater Holder Link Complete

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

Thanks Kiwi! I sent an email to the nearest bigger shop, we'll see what comes up! =) Thank you!

Comment

Good luck!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
        8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
        Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

Originally posted by progressivewannabe View Post
          Please guys if you know anything/have any advice on what should I do, feel free to speak out.
          If either of these products are available in your country, you can make your original beater holder "better than new".
          http://www.timesert.com/
          http://www.stanleyengineeredfastenin...ands/heli-coil
          "I'm an artist, not a scientist."
          Old school Crimson Quartz SZX
          "You are the music while the music lasts." - T. S. Eliot

Comment

Working...
          X