SR300/500 Strainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR300/500 Strainers

Question about the triad strainers. Is it possible to use the SR500 butt side with the SR300 throwoff side? Also, is it necessary to use the Pearl guide rails on a custom build?

I guess what I'm asking is can you use the "Philharmonic" cable snare assemblies, the one with the clamps on the end, with the sr300 or do they work only with the sr500. Sorry if this is confusing. I've never had the chance to see either of these strainers in person and its a little hard for me to tell for sure from the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegrill View Post
      Question about the triad strainers. Is it possible to use the SR500 butt side with the SR300 throwoff side? Also, is it necessary to use the Pearl guide rails on a custom build?
      Do you mean the Mastercast hoop with the guards? If so, that is not necessary with the SR300 strainer. As far as the SR500 butt with the SR300 throw off, after looking at the photos, I believe that would work. However, I don't know if the factory would approve such a modification.

Comment

Thanks for taking a look. I'm building a stave snare and want to use a high end strainer. I notice that the butt and throwoff on both the SR300 and SR500 are sold separately. The SR300 has the 3 seperate throwoff levers but no fine tuning on the butt. The SR500, on the other hand, has tons of fine tuning on the butt but only one llever on the throwoff side. So if you combine the SR300 throwoff with an SR 500 butt you have maximum flexibility. What I can't tell from the pictures is if the cable snare assemblies with the clamps on the ends that pass through the hoops and attach to the strainer without cords will work on the SR300. Kind of hard to explain in words. Maybe someone who has tried it will opine.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegrill View Post
          I'm building a stave snare and want to use a high end strainer.
          I see what you're trying to do, but I would suggest to use an SR-1000 strainer on your custom snare. I used the SR-300 on one of my snares, and I found all of the adjustability more intriguing in theory than in practice.

Comment

You are probably right about that. Unfortunately I am a compulsive gadget addict. I see lot of adjustments and I can't wait to start fiddling with them. Then once I start i just never seem to get it quite the way I want it. Plus I think those "triad" strainers look really cool.

Comment

The is a light variance of the width of the wires between the two strainers. SR500 profile is slightly narrower. You might have to tweak the strings to ensure separation of all the wires as to eliminate the chances of them catching one another during individual releases and positive engagement.

This should work and provide you both individual adjust from the SR300 with global adjustment from the SR500 butt. You will need to purchase of course the S-051 snappy wires

SR500 butt part number is SR500E USA list $45.00 (we have it)
              SR300 Throw part number # SR300A List $93.00 (needs to be ordered)
              S-051 snappy wires in stock List $12.50 each
              Attached Files
              Raymond Massey
              Pearl Drums USA

Comment

Raymond

Thanks for that reply. What I am actually trying to figure out is if you can use the cable snare assemblies like the SO65Y or the SO68S that do not use the strings. Do you see what I mean? Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X