• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching

What to teach first time drummers

My thread got in the pdf university.

IM SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is the first lesson I teach a beginning student that can already read music. If they can't read music I give them the note and rest values to study. I do go over this and teach them this. However, I always found it easier if the student could read the music.
      Attached Files

Comment

My 2cents:

- fun of drumming !!!
        - love to the instrument
        - basic technique
        - how to fit into music

The world is full of technique-monsters who can't play disciplined enough give the song what it deserves.
        Believe me, it is "BASSDRUM", not "BASEDRUM".
        Nils' Website DER TROMMELSTIMMER
        Main Kit

Comment

oh and make sure they know how to take care of their drums, and that pictures of ridiculous tom angles should always be replied with "holy tom angles, batman!"
          7-Piece Double Bass BRX!
          The critics are raving: "Pure hotness. One of the nicest kits on here."-Fran, "F*ckin Beautiful"-NevDRUM, "Amazing!!! HOLY SHINIKES!"-rushofblood2112, "Gorgeous kit and setup"-DeadSkinMask, "Beautiful!"-drmrman, "absolutely awesome!"-AL PERCIVAL

Comment

More needs to be added to this thread id rekkon.
            -Sim
            Pearl Image Vault --> http://www.pearldrum.com/2005imageva...ault-combo.htm

my mapex pro m: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...post1851675607

Comment

a couple things I find usefull

ergonomics: this includes posture, strength, and breathing. All things that are very important for proper technique. Correcting bad habbits is a lot more difficult than learning good technique. ( I know...I've got a lot of em 00** )

reading: ya gotta know what to play!!? yes, learning and practicing rudiments is teadious.....too bad. learn em....... live em.....love em....

tuning: If you have moved to the set at this point, now is the time to learn about tuning. The drum is an instrument, and every instrument needs to be tuned. It's not about "crankin down as much as you can so you can play fast fills".

listening: this comes with time, and I wish I knew how to teach it.

Sorry if I started to rant. Good teachers teach students that make good teachers, and we will need someone to teach our children....so they can teach. And a good teacher is always learning.......yeah I'm ranting now..

I like these books:

Comment

http://pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=191313
                READING MUSIC - OTHER TIME SIGNATURES
                Technics SL-1200

Comment

Working...
                X