Practise Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, i enjoyed reading that ^

maybe add some links to sites that sell good sound proofing or useful stuff that helps with acoustics?
    Exhale Session

Comment

Nice article. I liked it and agree with it.

My practice room currently serves as my workshop/studio, and it's still for the most part, unfinished. Here are some plans:

Finish the drywall and paint on the one side. The drywall is up, but not finished or painted.
      Clean up the workshop area - it needs to be organized, but otherwise, it's not bad.
      Frame the other wall, drywall, finish and paint. Currently, it's the white plastic covered insulation that they put on the walls in the basements of new construction.
      Hang drop ceiling with acoustic tile - this is important - otherwise the whole house gets to hear my drumming. I've already got sound attenuating insulation between the ceiling floor joists (this is in the basement) but the acoustic tile will help immensely.
      replace bare bulb with an incandescent, multiple bulb fixture (I have a florescent shop light on the other side of the room)
      decorate
      Add acoustic foam tiles to the walls, as needed.

As you can see, I have my work cut out for me.
      Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

Comment

Practice or practise, that is the question.

Comment

I dunno why, but by you saying that make me think about the spelling of practise .... ahh!

Comment

he said it because you spelt it wrong, dumbarse
            Exhale Session

Comment

harhar, oops

Comment

Originally posted by arnie-nemo
                he said it because you spelt it wrong, dumbarse
                No, actually either way is accepted, although "practise" is considered a variant of "practice", so although it probably technically isn't as correct as "practice", it isn't exactly wrong either.

According to dictionary.com, "practise" is "chiefly British".
                Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

Comment

haha, I just looked at dictionary.com there

Comment

Hey thanks for posting it. If anybody had anything they think I missed, please let me know. Or if there are any other topics that you would like coverd, tell me as well. I enjoy writing them. Thanks again.
                    Does anyone read this?

My BRX

Comment

Thanks Truffles!

Comment

Practice or practise, thats like theater or theatre, same difference.
                        I'm like Che Guevara with bling on; I'm complex

Comment

...or center, centre .. i think

Comment

Nice read,
                            I need to clean my room up anyway, its abit of a **** tip at the moment and I share my room with my bro, but I think I shall try and make my room/corner a more pleasant place to practice after reading that

Comment

My kits in my back room, its a really nice place to play, open and uncramped.
                              Great for band practise, although my amps are so bad, we cant practise there, so we just use a studio

Comment

Working...
                              X