Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drumsticks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I've used Vic Firth SD4 combo's for a really long time. A while ago I switched to Wincent 5A round tip's, and I really like them. I personally like their feel a lot better than the SD4's.
    Mapex Pro M (walnut/ice)
    Sabian
    Evans

    Comment


    • I haven´t found my perfect Stick yet.
      I really liked the Cristoph Schneider Signature Stick but it´s way to light for me.
      I mostly play 2Bs from Vic Firth, Pro-Mark or Vater but they´re all to thin for me

      I prefer fat and heavy Sticks.
      My YT-Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/CupNiceTea?feature=mhee
      WATCH IT

      Comment


      • I play normally with VF 5BN's, but I wanna try the X5BNVG (long name!).

        I also like the Matt Griener Signature Stick, but its more or less discontinued and hard to find. $15 on EvilBay :\

        Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Pearl Drummer's Forum
        Originally posted by mythkid1208
        Every thread is a meme thread. It just depends if you post them or not
        | Pearl Forum FZH725B | 22x18 | 12x9 | 13x10 | 16x16 | 14x5.5 |

        | Sabian B8 | 14" Rock Hats | 8" Splash | 14" Thin Crash | 16" Crash | 18" Crash | 20" Rock Ride

        Comment


        • I used to play with Sd2 Bolero's. They broke way too fast, and made many small holes in the drum heads. But they fitted my hands really well! After I gave them up, I went over to 5A which were too thin and 5B. Since then, I've always played VF 5B, both normal, GRIP and Black. I prefer the black ones, actually! I also have a pair of JJ Speedmonster sticks that I love to play with.
          Astradica on Spotify

          Starclassic W/B

          Comment


          • I have been alternating between these 5 types:

            VF SD9s - kit practise with foam sound dampening pads. I like the girth and balance and weight.
            VF Corpmasters - pad practise. Muscle builders!
            VF Buddy Rich Sigs - all around playing. I like the reach, thickness, balance and tone I get from the drums. Thought I might break one last practice but they're still in decent shape.
            Zildjian 2b - mostly practise. I like the balance, thickness, tone from drums and cymbals with this stick. Its a good rock stick.
            VF 5b - great all around stick. Still a little light and short for me. The tone produced is not quite as warm and rich as the thicker and heavier sticks but they are great for situations where I need help laying back a bit (I can be heavy handed, but not a basher).

            Comment


            • Originally posted by New007 View Post
              I play normally with VF 5BN's, but I wanna try the X5BNVG (long name!).

              I also like the Matt Griener Signature Stick, but its more or less discontinued and hard to find. $15 on EvilBay :\

              Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Pearl Drummer's Forum
              The Matt Greiner stick is also known as the 3A, if I'm correct. Check em out, bud.
              Black Lives Matter

              Tama Starclassic Maple

              Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MitchLyons View Post
                The Matt Greiner stick is also known as the 3A, if I'm correct. Check em out, bud.
                hey guys im bassedgod but u can call me based 4 short. cccccc: i dnt rly play drumz, but i do play bass, and i thot that u guys may need a bass becus drums and bass are the saem thing ccccccccc: mitch is my irl friend, and he plays gud drumbz, we hav a project 2gethr

                i liek usng vic firth 5b drumbzsticz when i do play drumbz, tho they are lite and easly playable

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BassedGod View Post
                  hey guys im bassedgod but u can call me based 4 short. cccccc: i dnt rly play drumz, but i do play bass, and i thot that u guys may need a bass becus drums and bass are the saem thing ccccccccc: mitch is my irl friend, and he plays gud drumbz, we hav a project 2gethr

                  i liek usng vic firth 5b drumbzsticz when i do play drumbz, tho they are lite and easly playable
                  Does anyone know what it says?
                  Astradica on Spotify

                  Starclassic W/B

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Justice View Post
                    Does anyone know what it says?
                    I was thinking the exact same thing. It's not English.
                    Drumming since 1961.
                    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
                    Many Paiste Cymbals

                    Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
                    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BassedGod View Post
                      hey guys im bassedgod but u can call me based 4 short. cccccc: i dnt rly play drumz, but i do play bass, and i thot that u guys may need a bass becus drums and bass are the saem thing ccccccccc: mitch is my irl friend, and he plays gud drumbz, we hav a project 2gethr

                      i liek usng vic firth 5b drumbzsticz when i do play drumbz, tho they are lite and easly playable
                      Try writing in English. This is not text central.
                      Drumming since 1961.
                      Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
                      Many Paiste Cymbals

                      Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
                      Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

                      Comment


                      • I've been using pro-mark hickory for at least 15 years- because I chew the others up-I've read through here a lot and heard a lot of good things about Vater- I will probley try them next!

                        Comment


                        • Here's why I use the pro-mark 747, these are millennium 2, when I fist started buying them , they were 747 rock hickory- they break in the same spot every time it seems-I've never had one break down shaft of stick. You can chew & chew on the hi-hats, and crash all you want and not worry much it'll break- even when worn down! Unlike others I've used they don't get "rubbery" when worn thin. Check out those tips, stick destroyed & not a chip in em, like new! I admit even to me a NEW pair of these feel JANCKY , break em in! It will take about as long as it will to Break others. Maybe I won't try Vaters after all.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by therocker; 01-24-2015, 08:20 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by therocker View Post
                            Here's why I use the pro-mark 747, these are millennium 2, when I fist started buying them , they were 747 rock hickory- they break in the same spot every time it seems-I've never had one break down shaft of stick. You can chew & chew on the hi-hats, and crash all you want and not worry much it'll break- even when worn down! Unlike others I've used they don't get "rubbery" when worn thin. Check out those tips, stick destroyed & not a chip in em, like new! I admit even to me a NEW pair of these feel JANCKY , break em in! It will take about as long as it will to Break others. Maybe I won't try Vaters after all.

                            Splits from rimshots seem to be the source of the most breakages for me.
                            Originally posted by dwdrummer1991
                            And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X